Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ARoid: Cheater, and All-Star Yankee Slumlord

turok

ARoid is of course the poster boy for all that was/is wrong in MLB, PED abusing and uber-narcisstic cheating creep who reportedly tosses baseballs in the stands @ Yankee Stadium to hot-looking babes who are seated nearby the home dugout, for the purpose of possibly having the ball returned to him with a cellphone number written on it, and hooking up with them. But he is also apparently an absentee slumlord, who owns at least one apartment complex that has become a run-down, neglected, and pest-infested squalid dump. It has not been maintained for quite some time, and apparently his ex-BIL was or still is president of the property-management company that AFraud founded:

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/artic..._complex_plagued_by_rats_roaches_rot/12428779

Article in the New York Times about the rental property from 5 years ago:

"Messages left on the voice mails of Rodriguez and Scurtis at Newport Property Ventures? offices in Coral Gables, Fla., were unreturned. Repeated efforts to reach A-Rod through three layers of publicists ? think booby traps around a precious stone ? were unsuccessful."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/07/sports/baseball/07roberts.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Yeah, I know that there are many thousands of absentee slumlords throughout the US who are just as bad if not worse than ARoid, but he is ...well...infamous, and supposedly as a Yankee, he should be someone who would represent what still is the most globally well known and recognized baseball franchise, with a sense of respect, honor and responsibility on and off the field. I hope that ARoid has finally become so injury-wracked/physically wrecked from taking PEDs, that he never can/will set foot on an MLB baseball diamond again.

You suck, fishlips!!

A-Rod-experiences-allergic-reaction-to-new-bronzer1.jpg

ARodMirror.jpg

who reportedly tosses baseballs in the stands @ Yankee Stadium to hot-looking babes who are seated nearby the home dugout, for the purpose of possibly having the ball returned to him with a cellphone number written on it, and hooking up with them.

You realize pretty much all MLB players do things like this, right?

They pretty much all spend their time looking at girls in the crowd, and then send clubhouse boys to get their numbers.

You realize pretty much all MLB players do things like this, right?

They pretty much all spend their time looking at girls in the crowd, and then send clubhouse boys to get their numbers.

Pretty much all? I don't think so..

Stuff like this makes me laugh. Do you really think ARod is at all involved in this other than fronting some cash to his ex-BIL as an investment or gift? You act like he should be down there personally renovating the place and serving as a handyman. LOL!

ARoid is a sleazeball. I cant stand him. Nothing he does would shock me to be honest. The sad part is he doesnt care. Every interview he did in the ALCS just made it worse. His ego is so immense even his own team mates cant stand him. I hope the Yanks suck this year so I can laugh at them. Their team is getting close to the cliff.

Stuff like this makes me laugh. Do you really think ARod is at all involved in this other than fronting some cash to his ex-BIL as an investment or gift? You act like he should be down there personally renovating the place and serving as a handyman. LOL!

Yeah sure, b/c it was I who was the one who investigated the squalid conditions of the apartment complex and then posted my findings online, so that it would be linked and go "viral" on dozens of sports and business-related blogs and websites, and AFraud might then be compelled to do something about it, all on his lonesome. Did you even read the NYT article from 5 years ago?

"Property records indicate A-Rod?s company paid $58.7 million for Tampa complexes between 2004 and early this year [2007]. Those same properties, according to the county appraiser, have a current market value of $46.3 million."

$$58 MM in real estate investments more than 5 years ago is not just "fronting some cash" to his ex-BIL, as any so-called "gift". You might not care, or find it funny, but apparently many others would disagree.

Yeah sure, b/c it was I who was the one who investigated the squalid conditions of the apartment complex and then posted my findings online, so that it would be linked and go "viral" on dozens of sports and business-related blogs and websites, and AFraud might then be compelled to do something about it, all on his lonesome. Did you even read the NYT article from 5 years ago?

"Property records indicate A-Rod?s company paid $58.7 million for Tampa complexes between 2004 and early this year [2007]. Those same properties, according to the county appraiser, have a current market value of $46.3 million."

$$58 MM in real estate investments more than 5 years ago is not just "fronting some cash" to his ex-BIL, as any so-called "gift". You might not care, or find it funny, but apparently many others would disagree.
So, he bought property in an inflated Tampa during the run up of the real estate market in '04-'07 and I'm supposed to be shocked that it lost 22% of its value after the real estate bubble burst and the economy crashed? I'm no ARod fan either, but this kind of stuff strikes me as someone trying to find another reason to dislike him.

Where is the investigation and outrage over Lenny Dykstra and Curt Schilling and their awesome business dealings?

I'd guarantee that this is nothing more than an investment and tax shield vehicle for ARod and not a passion or real interest of his.

So, he bought property in an inflated Tampa during the run up of the real estate market in '04-'07 and I'm supposed to be shocked that it lost 22% of its value after the real estate bubble burst and the economy crashed? I'm no ARod fan either, but this kind of stuff strikes me as someone trying to find another reason to dislike him.

Where is the investigation and outrage over Lenny Dykstra and Curt Schilling and their awesome business dealings?

I'd guarantee that this is nothing more than an investment and tax shield vehicle for ARod and not a passion or real interest of his.

Both Dykstra's and Schilling's controversial business dealings wound up in utter failure, if not also criminally prosecuted in Dykstra's case, after they retired from MLB, just like Denny McLain and his swindle of Peet Packing.

ARoid is still an active major-leaguer (if you want to consider his performance last postseason as being "active") so of course that makes him a juicier target for his on and off the field activities. But it isn't exactly any secret what these players do or don't do in public, and retired or not, with the internet and Twitter available to help "start spreadin' the news"

Last edited:
Point. The NY Times reporter (Selena Roberts) is the same person that wrote a scathing book on him in 2009. Biased? Or does she have an agenda against R-Rod?

Roberts was paid by Sports Illustrated to "stalk" A-Rod.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/02/alex_rodriguez_takes_shots_at.html

As far as Newport Property Ventures....the Chief Operating Officer is Stuart Zook. Newport Property Ventures owns 24 complexes, from Georgia, Florida, Texas, Mississippi and Oklahoma. Do think A-Rod has even seen any of these complexes?

While I personally do not like A-Rod and some of the things he has done, I find this as trivial and attempt by a reporter to keep herself relevant.

As I stated in my OP, there are many absentee slumlords located throughout the US. However Roidriguez as an active player in MLB and supposedly an "ambassador" of MLB and the legendary Yankees franchise, he should represent both off the field responsibly. He highly touts his charitable causes:

"The A-Rod family fountian is a non-profit organization dedicated to positively impacting families in distress by supporting programs focasing on improved quality of life, education and mental health."

http://alexrodriguez.mysite.com/contact.html

Who the hell created this misspelled and grammar-challenged blurb? LMAO!!

Regardless of any agenda the NYT reporter has against ARoid, the fact remains that after 5 years, this dilapidated property still hasn't been attended to, other than cosmetic upkeep of the grounds surrounding it. I am aware of the likelihood that ARoid has never seen the complex in person, and never suggested that he himself should oversee or become directly involved in repairing and maintaining it...BUT there has been enough publicity about the situation and condition of the complex that he should be aware of it by now, if not much earlier. How much trouble would it be for ARoid to just make a few simple calls to Zook and prod him into action?

A-Rod Quotes

"There is a difference between image and reputation. Image is nice, reputation is developed over an entire career. Reputation is what I'm searching for."

"I'm having a hard time finding a date. I don't trust any women I meet. I'm very skeptical."

"Leadership is a role you have to earn in order to be effective."

"We have a responsibility not just as athletes, but as members of society to treat people well. To do things the right way."

"I'm not a real vocal guy, but sometimes you need to kick someone in the ass."

"Be respectful. Treat people the way you want to be treated. Respect the lowest rank and the highest rank and you'll never get in trouble."

Last edited:
Back