Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Story about Clemente

nice story Mitch. Never knew about the bat mystery.

sounds like bonds was an ahole from the word go.

I can vouch for Clemente's graciousness, not that it's needed, except to say that he gave me as much attention once as he did to those two boys masquerading as honorary batboys. I had access to the field in the '71 ASG and I met a lot of great ballplayers that day, but Clemente was the only player who wanted to know something about me--where I played ball, position, aspirations--he was asking me questions. Even ribbed me about having a girlfriend and that it was her birthday and she wasn't with me. I spontaneously cheered when he hit the HR off Lolich in the 8th inning and drew some glares from fans in proximity. Ironically, it might have been the day I subconsciously gave up the notion that I was good enough to play professionally: These guys were at a level unattainable.

Got the magazine the other day. That article is a leg nummer.

Back