Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bell and Rayner among 8 that have been released

The sentimental side of me will miss Ballard...maybe practice squad?

The rest I could give two shits. Rayner's solid, but if the MVP can still kick it's his job.

I don't think Ballard would be on the practice squad. If that were the case he would have been one of the last cuts not one of the 1st.

wheels002 said:
I don't think Ballard would be on the practice squad. If that were the case he would have been one of the last cuts not one of the 1st.

Could this be the latest Mayhew game? Cut him early so people think he's shit and don't pick him up? He hasn't gotten a lot of game opportunities.

where's the slappy who argued with me for 2 days that Hanson would be cut....

as for Mike Bell.....WAY TO SLOW....he was horrid in the week 2 pre season game

I think if Ballard doesn't get picked up he will go to the practice squad.

Part of me was hoping we kept Ballard. Partly because of a ridiculous notion that we could have a trio of some of the tallest receivers in the league with him, CJ and Stovall. But that's just stupid, and polishing him off would take too much time so the realistic side of me hopes that we don't even bring him back to the practice squad if no one picks him up.

ballard's gone because of stovall. the guy looks really good.

SLICK said:
where's the slappy who argued with me for 2 days that Hanson would be cut....

as for Mike Bell.....WAY TO SLOW....he was horrid in the week 2 pre season game

yeah dude, he never was fast, but he just looks like he's in slow motion this preseason.

Who's the short-yardage back now - Felton?? What a joke. Bell at least is a load.

short yardage back? Even if we had one, our o-line couldn't get us a yard or two. Stafford will pass on most 3rd and shorts kind of like Peyton and the colts.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]short yardage back? Even if we had one, our o-line couldn't get us a yard or two. Stafford will pass on most 3rd and shorts kind of like Peyton and the colts.

That's what I'm thinking too. I mean, why scramble trying to pick up a half assed inside runner only to have it be a pending issue next year when Leshoure is healthy? I'd be fine if we stayed with what we have right now, even though our run game wouldn't be so hot.

whoever Stafford hands the ball to is the "short yardage back" until we get a new center.

They paid gholston 250k to sign for the preseason. Smells like a hot rod move there.

Back