Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wii TVii

Seems kind of expensive.

It's their next gaming system. Like the Wii, 1 generation behind computationally, but with some gimmick, in this case, the 2nd screen. Wii TVii is just a feature of the new Wii U system. I think xboxes and ps3s are still 200-250, so this isn't completely out of line.

It's their next gaming system. Like the Wii, 1 generation behind computationally, but with some gimmick, in this case, the 2nd screen. Wii TVii is just a feature of the new Wii U system. I think xboxes and ps3s are still 200-250, so this isn't completely out of line.

I paid 199 for the PS3 Slim but it was a sale price. I guess I thought the TV portion was added to the current Wii rather than a whole new system. So maybe its about rght.

Maybe I'm wrong but the Wii, aren't they more geared towards kids and family, you thnk they might have more affordable prices.

I paid 199 for the PS3 Slim but it was a sale price. I guess I thought the TV portion was added to the current Wii rather than a whole new system. So maybe its about rght.

Maybe I'm wrong but the Wii, aren't they more geared towards kids and family, you thnk they might have more affordable prices.

They are, but I don't think they want to be. I think they've been trying since they got Resident Evil 4 to launch exclusive to the Gamecube. They got a Grand Theft Auto game to launch exclusive to the Nintendo DS too. They just can't shake the perception...ever since they had that Nintendo version of Mortal Kombat with less blood. Developers won't port games to the Wii unless there's a market and gamers that want those types of games won't buy Nintendo if the games they want aren't on it, so the trend reinforces itself despite Nintendo's efforts.

There are 2 versions of the Wii U, $300 and $350. PS3 on launch day was $500/$600 and Xbox360 was $400/$500. Wii was $250, so this is an increase from there, but still not where the others were at.

Also, I suspect most gamers are unaware of this:
wii_pro_controller_wii_u_pro_controller.jpg

Back