Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Clayton expects us to go after Chester Taylor?

Meh, he has had some good years but has been unspectacular in his last few, he's also turning 32 in about a month.

they wanted him before he signed with the Bears...could still be some interest there.

I say no. the bears gave him big money last year and he didnt do shit. also found it funny they already cut Gholston. Who when they signed him some bears fans told me that in a 4-3 he would play much better for them. They said the same about Roy now some of their fans are turning on him to.

Plain and simple it's proving that the RB's are not the problem in the running game. The holes aren't there...and I don't think the run game has really ever been schemed really well.

As for Gholston...he's Mike Mamula part 2. I would like to believe that was his last chance. Anyone calling for this cat now should just have their head examined.

And Roy...wooooo....Nick can't be happy. That's his boy.

Taylor is a GREAT 3rd down back. Soft hands, excellent blocker (from what I've seen), maybe one of the best 3d backs in the league. Worth going after a 3rd down back at age 32? Now that I dont know know about.

Why not give him a chance. He was actually decent in his limited role before he got with Martz. Wasn't like Martz was all about the run even slightly so i think that's why he couldn't showcase his skills in Chi-town. Can't be much worse then Harrison.

Chester Taylor - RB - Bears

The Bears gave Chester Taylor the day off from practice Monday as they continue to contemplate his future.
He's expected to practice on Tuesday, although Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune suspects Taylor won't play in the preseason finale for fear of injury. If the Bears were forced to place Taylor on injured reserve, they'd be on the hook for his $1.25 million base salary. We still suspect there's a good chance Taylor is cut, especially if the front office continues to push for i

He's staying. It was a miss communication between him and Lovie, supposedly. Chester Taylor blows goats he had a 2.6 ypc avg last year worst in the history of the NFL.

No fuckin' way....not unless someone goes down with an injury. I'm comfortable with Best, Mo, Harrison, and Brown. Save for maybe Brown, I don't think Chester's better than anyone listed.

I hope he stays in Chi-town.

stonecold2136 said:
Harrison didn't look to bad Sat night. There may not be enough room for Taylor

Harrison Looked better against the 2nd and 3rd lines. Not so good against 1st line.

Back