Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indians sign Nick Swisher

I can't believe how much money decent players make now. It's insane. If he played in all 162 games, he would average $86,420 per game. So if you averaged 4 AB's a game that would be $21,605 an AB.

His wife is an actress, she can't be loving the fact that he is going to NY from Cleveland.

Last edited:
I can't believe how much money decent players make now. It's insane. If he played in all 162 games, he would average $86,420 per game. So if you averaged 4 AB's a game that would be $21,605 an AB.

His wife is an actress, she can't be loving the fact that he is going to NY from Cleveland.

this whole offseason it seems that there is overpay for darn near every player.
It has to do with the new tv revenues.

haha the wife is going to live where the nations sewage/septic pipes all flow into, the mistake by the lake.

Like he and Reynolds going to make the Indians good enough to challenge for the AL Central?

Of course they also have Carlos Santana aka the second coming of Johnny Bench, or so I'm told.

Last edited:
Seems like the Indian's brass is just trying to dupe their very cynical fanbase into thinking/believing that their team will be much more competitive, if not contend for the entirety of next season. But based on their skimpy attendance figures, even during the first half of last season when the team was still very closely within or actually in first place, I kinda doubt it if acquiring Swisher, Reynolds, Stubbs, and a few new SP/RPs in Albers, Shaw and Bauer will be enough to do the trick, although it is only halfway through the off-season. It was during that time last season, that Chris Perez, their outspoken and uber-douchebag closer, was publicly whining about the lack of support from Cleveland's fanbase, and knocking the Tigers team for being merely a collection of a few superstars surrounded by scrubs.

Tribe fans were later proved to be right about the team, when it began its customary post-ASB swoon, completely flopping and dropping out of the race soon after the trade deadline, it still would probably take the Indians having clinched a postseason berth, for their fans to significantly or noticeably increase their attendance @ Progressive Field.

Last edited:
Back