Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN's Schoenfield ranks all 30 MLB teams

turok

Not terrible, but I think that the Yankees @ #3, are waaaay too high, the Giants @ #13, the White Sox @ #24, and the Indians @ #27 are probably too low, and the rest are likely within too close of a range to greatly disagree with. Maybe the Blue Jays @ #6, the A's @ #7, the Phillies @ #15, the Royals @ #18, and the Cubs @ #24 should be ranked a little lower. The Red Sox @ #17 probably won't be better than the Orioles @ #19, and I would switch them. The Angels and Rangers could also be switched, of course depending upon your degree of pure loathing towards one or the other. The Royals @ #18 might very well be measurably better than the White Sox @ #24, but they will obviously have to prove it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/31682/power-rankings-all-30-teams

Last edited:
The Yankees were one of the best teams last season. They didn't lose much so I can easily see them as a 90+ win team and content for the division title, as always.

Last season was last season. The Yankees lost Swisher, Ibanez, Martin, likely Soriano, and ARod will be out of business until @ least mid-season. The jury is still out on whether or not the injured Derek Jeter will be able to start the season @ SS, much less be able to swing a bat and run the bases. They really haven't done very much so far other than signing Ichiro, Pettitte, Rivera, and Yuckyless, to one-year contracts, (all who are on the wrong side of 30), except Ichiro who received a two year deal, and the others who also were on the DL for parts of last season. The Yankees could still make some trades or signings, but much of the best of this off-season's crop of FAs have been picked over by other ballclubs.

Last edited:
The Yankees were one of the best teams last season. They didn't lose much so I can easily see them as a 90+ win team and content for the division title, as always.

They also do get Pineida back, but who knows if that'll be a good thing after surgery.

I still think the Blue Jays are not contenders and the O's take a step backwards. I just think the Rays and NYY will compete for the division.

Back