Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Pistons Analysis Type Stuff

jmakula87

Not that anybody probably cares at all, but I''m trying to get into a little analysis just to work on writing skills, and I enjoy doing it. If anybody is interested I'll be posting about Pistons stuff every so often at http://jmakula87.blogspot.com/ Feel free to criticize, argue, make fun of, praise, or just completely ignore.

Most recent few:

http://jmakula87.blogspot.com/2013/01/using-knight-as-pg.html (just some thoughts on Knight and how we use him. --- gist is, no point guard should be judged with how we use Knight in our system.) Far too many turnovers tonight against Rondo. Hopefully I can watch it tomorrow or Tuesday to see why they happened.

Heat/Pistons http://jmakula87.blogspot.com/2013/01/pistons-vs-heat-122812.html

Last edited:
write about how the pistons need to start tanking cause a #7 pick wont help this team.

write about how the pistons need to start tanking cause a #7 pick wont help this team.

Stomping the Wade-less Heat ain't exactly tanking the season, looks like the 16..err...17 straight losing Boobcats are gonna freefall past the Whornets, Cadavers, and maybe even the Whizzards in their bid to crater their season.

Last edited:
I don't watch the pistons but have seen highlights and read box scores. Why doesn't Drummond start next to Monroe. And why don't they have any real 2 guards?

Yeah, I would love if we got a great pick, but I don't see us being worse than the number 4 team in the NBA. I think the Cavs could spring past us with Irving back. Also probably depends on if they trade Varejao (which they totally should).

Drummond should be starting. Frank is definitely taking things slowly there. Our offense drops off a bit when Drummond is in (statistically speaking), but our defense improves at about the same rate (also statistically speaking), but I think by the end of the year Drummond will be starting at PF.

It would also be fantastic if we could land a 2nd round pick through trading Bynum or Maxiell. Bynum would fit well for a team that needs a spark off of the bench, and since he's 29, I don't see him ever being a big part of our team when our younger guys have developed to where we can actually be a real basketball team. If we are able to find somebody to take Maxiell off of our hands, that would open up the PF spot for Monroe to fill in.

And we don't have a SG because Stuckey never improved like we thought he would, and he doesn't mesh well at all with Knight. I wouldn't be surprised to see us make a run at somebody like Mayo if we don't land some sort of jackpot in the draft this year. There aren't a lot of SGs that I like in this upcoming FA period. Since Knight is clearly better when looking for his own shot than being a pass first PG, I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after a Tony Allen or something. Somebody who will play great D for us. I've heard that there will be a lot of interest in JJ Redick. He might work out well spotting up with how good Monroe is at finding the open man, but it's seeming like his price will be driven far too high.

Stomping the Wade-less Heat ain't exactly tanking the season, looks like the 16..err...17 straight losing Boobcats are gonna freefall past the Whornets, Cadavers, and maybe even the Whizzards in their bid to crater their season.

championship!

I don't watch the pistons but have seen highlights and read box scores. Why doesn't Drummond start next to Monroe. And why don't they have any real 2 guards?

From what I understand it hasn't happened because Drummond and Monroe clog the paint and hurt the pistons offensively because of the lack of floor spacing for our shooters. They make up for it defensively imo, but thats Franks reasoning.

Back