Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

marlins will listen to offers for Stanton

Yeah, the Marlins will likely listen carefully to offers from ballclubs who are the most willing to gut their farm system of much if not all of their blue-chip prized prospects, plus perhaps an "unneeded" or "excess" young potential All-Star-worthy SP or maybe a young positional player with demonstrated ability on O and D with some upside...So for example the Tigers offering Porcello, Garcia, and Castellanos?

Wouldn't that be an interesting twist. they'd have to give up the entire farm but it might be worth it.

I wish we still had Turner. We don't have enough in the fact other teams could offer more. RP, Nick and Garcia aren't even close.

I wish we still had Turner. We don't have enough in the fact other teams could offer more. RP, Nick and Garcia aren't even close.

We have plenty, you forget aside from prospects and major leaguers, we can also trade them draft picks, and or cash, we could easily make an acceptable offer for Stanton.

It all comes down to if the fish really want to move him, or they are just playing devil's advocate and seeing what kind of offers they will get.

We have plenty, you forget aside from prospects and major leaguers, we can also trade them draft picks, and or cash, we could easily make an acceptable offer for Stanton.

It all comes down to if the fish really want to move him, or they are just playing devil's advocate and seeing what kind of offers they will get.

Can't trade draft picks, except the new lottery picks. No guarantee you'll get them.

Last edited:
The Rangers can pretty much trump any deal we throw out there. Our cupboard is pretty bear.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us offer up Porcello, Castellanos, and Rondon to start with. We could always go sign a guy like Soriano to close who we still seem to be the only team linked to.

I'm not sure I see a closer prospect as someone who is worth much. Not in a trade.

I get it. But look at closers across the leagues, I suspect most of them didn't start out as a MiLB closer. My point: I don't believe teams trade for closers, they want starters. IMO, anyone can be a closer therefore you don't need to tratrade for one, especially a "closer prospect".

Last edited:
Back