Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

#3 Final AP Poll

Yes and no... what it really involved was Georgia paying a ton of money pre-NIL.

It is frustrating to no end that with NIL now as a potential way to get these types of players, UM is not pursuing it. Until they do, this #3 ranking will likely be the closest UM ever gets, and I'm highly doubting O$U is not pushing NIL to its limits.

If there is one thing that is likely to cause Harbaugh to leave UM, it is that UM is not pushing NIL to the max. He takes a pay cut, understandably, for not winning games... but then they handicap him by not doing max NIL. He won't tolerate that for long, in fact I could see him leaving within 2 years if UM doesn't change its methods... and not one of us would blame him for that.

The "game" has changed. It is now about who can put the most money into these players pockets. That game determines the onfield game more than any coaching.

Fo? rills.

If M can?t figure out how to maximize this NIL opportunity against a bunch of in bred rednecks, we no longer have the right to brag about being a public Ivy, or call Harvard ?the Michigan of the East? - Just looked it up and I guess presidential nominee John F Kennedy invented that moniker about his own alma mater as he was addressing a crowd outside of the Michigan Union - or any of that other bullshit about how fucking smart we are.

Last edited:
Fo? rills.

If M can?t figure out how to maximize this NIL opportunity against a bunch of in bred rednecks, we no longer have the right to brag about being a public Ivy, or call Harvard ?the Michigan of the East? - Just looked it up and I guess presidential nominee John F Kennedy invented that moniker about his own alma mater as he was addressing a crowd outside of the Michigan Union - or any of that other bullshit about how fucking smart we are.

For sure. But we can't underestimate their capacity for scheming.

I assume the South has more talent (definitely more experience) in the "general fuckery" category... thinking of that analogy of wrestling with a pig in the mud.

I looked into it a bit this morning. I think the announcers mixed up top 100 players and 5-Stars. Here's the breakdown:

Georgia
Top 100 Players - 40
5-Star Players - 20

Michigan
Top 100 Players - 7
5-Star Players - 3

That's a canyon sized talent gap.

Indeed. I'd be mighty curious to re-watch this game and see the result if those numbers were even half as close.

Would like to see Nick Saban's career numbers if he had stayed at MSU his entire tenure as well. Guessing it wouldn't be as legendary. And that's not intended as a knock on MSU, at least in my book

I looked into it a bit this morning. I think the announcers mixed up top 100 players and 5-Stars. Here's the breakdown:

Georgia
Top 100 Players - 40
5-Star Players - 20

Michigan
Top 100 Players - 7
5-Star Players - 3

That's a canyon sized talent gap.

Herbstreit is the one who was supposed to know this.

He?s always been kind of a stupid dickhead.

Back