Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

49ers @ Eagles NFC Title Game

Post anything you want on the teams . I will post a line when I find one.

Last edited:
What do you people do to keep from getting too bored watching these games?

The Christian McCaffery OB Experiment lasted one play. And he actually had to look at his wrist band. The play reminded me of the ones we drew up in the dirt and never ran. Seeing SF flounder in a morass of mischief and mayhem seemed as out of round as the football it was trying to hide from the Eagles' defense.

Tom Matte (and Ed Brown) once filled in at QB for the Colts in the last two games of the 1965 season and led the Colts to a win over the Rams and a near-win over the Packers (Matte took all the snaps) in the 1965 Western Conference NFL Championship game, which was tied on a contested FG by Don Chandler. The kick that tied the game 10-10 to force OT was wide right, but the referees didn't see it that way.

Another little-known fact about that game was that Zeke Bratkowski was the Packers' QB that day, and not Bart Starr, who only threw one pass.

Matte also wore a wrist band in both games, apparently the first of its kind. After the loss to the Packers, he tore it off in frustration. A journalist picked it up and it's now in the NFL HOF.

Last edited:
Back