Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

A New Season Is Upon Us - 1st Official Score Prediction Thread for 2022

Michchamp

This Saturday (note: we play on Saturdays), our Michigan Wolverines host the Rams of Colorado State at NOON.

The consensus line is currently UM -30.5, with an o/u of 61.5... which would translate to something like a 45-15 win, give or take a point here or there for either team. Vegas Insider has upped their game, and no includes more information, such as tracking movement over time.

Sagarin shrugs, having no data, and ranks us 12th; CSU is 95th, predicting a closer 22 pt win.

Colorado State plays in the Mountain West conference, which is one of the better crappy conferences, and provides two of our opponents this season (including Hawaii). You may sometimes remember them for having a good season here or there, but they've actually been pretty mediocre for a while; they had one good season (10-2 in 2014) under Jim McElwain, but he left for Florida after that, and they haven't won the Mountain West since 2002.

More recently, Colorado State was a lousy team in a crappy conference last year, going 3-9. They fired their coach, Steve Addazio (formerly BC's HC) after 2 seasons. Their new coach, Jay Norvell is a former Iowa Hawkeye, who most recently coached Nevada for 5 good-but-not-great seasons.

Fun fact: their DC last year (now fired) was former UM running back Chuck Heater.

Another fun fact: maybe Vic has some stories about Colorado State, being a Native Coloradan and all.

So post your predictions, and leave a little analysis if you wish, but remember, your analysis is uninformed and likely useless, so less is better. And as always... Leave the woofing and the barking for other threads!

I'll go first:

UM.....45
CSU...10

I think they score no points over the last 2 1/2 quarters, but I have no idea...

41-30 michigan gets conservative and CSU shrinks the gap with a couple garbage time TDs...

56-7 Michigan dominates them in all aspects. Both QBs put in an impressive showing.

Michigan - 52
CSU - 17

For those that don't know, CSU runs an air raid offense. Unique challenge for the first game, but the talent gap is huge. CSU also has 54 new players on their team.

Can't wait to be in Ann Arbor all weekend! Go Blue!

Damn I forgot to make a prediction.

Is it too late?

I guess it?s not too late to make a prediction, just too late for it to count.

Damn I forgot to make a prediction.

Is it too late?

I guess it?s not too late to make a prediction, just too late for it to count.
Yeah, you fumbled this one.

Spent too much time trolling the Spartans' board, not enough time focusing on the REAL board.

Yeah, you fumbled this one.

Spent too much time trolling the Spartans' board, not enough time focusing on the REAL board.

I know right? And I was excoriated by one particular Spartan about it to boot!

He called me and old twat, or something - he razzes our board more than any of them!

I don?t see rival razzing or trash talk between the M/MSU board as full on trolling.

I would say we all know each other too well and like each enough that trolling is too strong a description.

I know right? And I was excoriated by one particular Spartan about it to boot!

He called me and old twat, or something - he razzes our board more than any of them!

I don?t see rival razzing or trash talk between the M/MSU board as full on trolling.

I would say we all know each other too well and like each enough that trolling is too strong a description.

you need to be a little gentler with them. they're very sensitive.

Back