Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Alabama football hires former Michigan assistant

"According to the report, Helow is ?expected to begin work immediately?. It is unclear what his role will be, but he could take over coaching linebackers after Coleman Hutzler leaves to become defensive coordinator for Mississippi State."

I'm sure "his role" will involve delivering all our playbooks, signs, playcalls, etc.

The person they should hire is Connor Stalions. It?s so obvious I can?t believe Saban didn?t do that on day the playoff teams were announced. Maybe he couldn?t flip him or offer him enough to forego his payout from Harbaugh. I doubt it?s the latter. I guess Stalions is one loyal s.o.b.

The person they should hire is Connor Stalions. It?s so obvious I can?t believe Saban didn?t do that on day the playoff teams were announced. Maybe he couldn?t flip him or offer him enough to forego his payout from Harbaugh. I doubt it?s the latter. I guess Stalions is one loyal s.o.b.

Stalions is such a die hard UM fan, he would have been a double agent. He would given Saban false information and send JH Bama's signals. :tup:

Stalions is such a die hard UM fan, he would have been a double agent. He would given Saban false information and send JH Bama's signals. :tup:

Good point, you (and Saban) are probably a step ahead of me on this one. Being that loyal with his military training, I bet Al Qaida or the Taliban couldn't torture uofm's secrets out of him. Shit, I don't think even Putin could get Stalions to spill on harbaugh and the wolverines...

So what Saban should do is hire Stalions and give him a bunch of fake Alabama signals. The plot thickens...

Last edited:
The world is so lucky that Stallions obsession was a football program and not religion or politics.

The world is so lucky that Stallions obsession was a football program and not religion or politics.

I have to wonder why MSU doesn?t have a similarly obsessed ?low-level staffer? within its organization. Maybe it?s because the Spartan Football Program just doesn?t engender that level of passion and purpose among its participants.

Good point, you (and Saban) are probably a step ahead of me on this one. Being that loyal with his military training, I bet Al Qaida or the Taliban couldn't torture uofm's secrets out of him. Shit, I don't think even Putin could get Stalions to spill on harbaugh and the wolverines...

So what Saban should do is hire Stalions and give him a bunch of fake Alabama signals. The plot thickens...

Stalions would know the signals are fake and he?d find a way to get the authentic ones to a contact at Michigan through some elaborate communications system that involves the dark net and smoke signals. And he?s also feed Sagan false intel, too.

Last edited:
I have to wonder why MSU doesn?t have a similarly obsessed ?low-level staffer? within its organization. Maybe it?s because the Spartan Football Program just doesn?t engender that level of passion and purpose among its participants.

how do you know we don't have similarly obsessed zealots who differentiate themselves simply by not cheating?

Last edited:

I think you should be asking the opposite. Like why DOES UM have one? Being that there are 132 football programs that don't and only 1 that does.

Stalions would know the signals are fake and he?d find a way to get the authentic ones to a contact at Michigan through some elaborate communications system that involves the dark net and smoke signals. And he?s also feed Sagan false intel, too.

he may have to get Matt Weiss to help him hack into the Alabama coaches computers to pull that one off. Do they have computers and the internet in Alabama yet?

I'm cheering for uofm but I don't think they'll win. BUT, if it came out that Alabama hired Stalions and he convinced Saban to bring in Weiss and Partridge, I might change my mind. Now we're talking 4D chess level espionage and I don't think even Stalions is that good...

Last edited:
I think you should be asking the opposite. Like why DOES UM have one? Being that there are 132 football programs that don't and only 1 that does.

Asked and answered. Other programs don?t engender a similar ?passion and purpose.?

Asked and answered. Other programs don?t engender a similar ?passion and purpose.?

well... in a way they do. But they're called "bagmen" and they have a way of cheating that's actually material and effects game outcomes, unlike what Stalions was doing...

well... in a way they do. But they're called "bagmen" and they have a way of cheating that's actually material and effects game outcomes, unlike what Stalions was doing...

That?s not ?passion and purpose?; that?s ?greed and graft.?

You say po-tay-to, I say po-tah-to

(LOL, no disagreement here... another reason they hate us so much)

4me3ke.jpg

Back