Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Amazing Play to get into FG Range

biggunsbob

You have all seen it. I just saw on Pro Football Talk that there is audio where Mahomes in mid Cadence say ?Kal do it? Kalce told Patrick he was going to run that route if they came out in a certain coverage. Bills did and the chiefs completed the pass to get into fg range

I?m trying to find the clip with audio .

Last edited:
It wasn't a very good play by KC. It was a TERRIBLE play by the Bills D. How do they allow Kelce to basically run uncovered???

It wasn't a very good play by KC. It was a TERRIBLE play by the Bills D. How do they allow Kelce to basically run uncovered???

They placed an importance on guarding the sideline...where no one was at. Instead of an All-Pro TE.

Strategy wise they completely disregarded that they had 2 TOs on those plays and that the entire field was available to use. No reason to call a sideline only defense.

Last edited:

That could be true I agree but it?s not the point

After time out Kelce said to Mahomes if they have the same defense set I?m running the Seam route and in mid cadence Patrick says ? Kal do it ? That is play ground stuff by two good players
By two future hall of famers.

You have all seen it. I just saw on Pro Football Talk that there is audio where Mahomes in mid Cadence say ?Kal do it? Kalce told Patrick he was going to run that route if they came out in a certain coverage. Bills did and the chiefs completed the pass to get into fg range

I?m trying to find the clip with audio .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ShAvRcm_c

It was just really poor coverage by the man in zone on Kelces side. Literally the whole bunch formation was on the other side of the field including the running back in the backfield. Kielce did run a nice route to freeze him in his zone so that gap would be open for him to cut into late though. He kinda ran an out step towards him and then cut so he couldn?t just read the route immediately, which gave him pause. That?s why he?s one of the best ever lol.

dumbest defense ever lol. You see the 2 deep safeties not even pictured come into the play like 4 seconds after he was tackled lmao. The entire secondary was on the other side of the field and the second that MLB shaded to the trips side Mahomes knew he had Kelce wide open.

dumbest defense ever lol. You see the 2 deep safeties not even pictured come into the play like 4 seconds after he was tackled lmao. The entire secondary was on the other side of the field and the second that MLB shaded to the trips side Mahomes knew he had Kelce wide open.

You can play that exact defense if your opponent has no timeouts?..not when they only need 10-15 yards and the DO have one.

Fucking stupid.

Better question?..Which was a dumber defense? The Bills in that situation or Jim Caldwell and the Lions keeping 2 defensive backs glued to the sideline during an untimed down when everyone in the building knew it was going to be a Hail Mary?

That could be true I agree but it?s not the point

After time out Kelce said to Mahomes if they have the same defense set I?m running the Seam route and in mid cadence Patrick says ? Kal do it ? That is play ground stuff by two good players
By two future hall of famers.

but the only reason the "playground stuff" worked is because the defensive scheme was 3rd grade level.

Jack him at the LOS. Dear God, why do these DCs not have someone up in the face of every receiver at the LOS??? I would even have had the DE on Kelce's side drop back into coverage. Keep at least 2 safeties 5 yards past the estimated FG line to gain so they can run. Up and make a solid hit or protect against the deep throw.

I don't know, but that D obviously sucked.

Both plays Tampa?s and the Bills DC made horrible calls on the plays that set up both Field goals. Both Kelce and Kupp should have been doubled on all plays leading up to the field goal. Hell Cooper was wide open on both his catches leading up to the field goal. I think yhe defender fell down on his first catch of the series. I?d have blanketed him.

Jack him at the LOS. Dear God, why do these DCs not have someone up in the face of every receiver at the LOS??? I would even have had the DE on Kelce's side drop back into coverage. Keep at least 2 safeties 5 yards past the estimated FG line to gain so they can run. Up and make a solid hit or protect against the deep throw.

I don't know, but that D obviously sucked.

I agree I?d jam all WR going out in the play or at least the important ones.

Back