Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Anita is Black and Gay

I am confused, this has nothing to do with critical race theory

I am confused, this has nothing to do with critical race theory

Or?does it?

The caterwauling might be a whole lot of fun.

All kidding aside - which most on this board should know is a rarity for me - I think the remake of the film is a mistake - and that?s coming from someone who arguably has a deeper and more personal attachment to the musical than most, having performed onstage in a production in 1983, trodding the boards of the Powers Center at the University of Michigan.

But Steven Spielberg has had an amount of success in the movie making business, he has an amount of his own money and as a free American, he has the right to find out for himself just how beyond doomed - in oh, so many ways - this endeavor was from the start.

Last edited:
Or?does it?

The caterwauling might be a whole lot of fun.

All kidding aside - which most on this board should know is a rarity for me - I think the remake of the film is a mistake - and that?s coming from someone who arguably has a deeper and more personal attachment to the musical than most, having performed onstage in a production in 1983, trodding the boards of the Powers Center at the University of Michigan.

But Steven Spielberg has had an amount of success in the movie making business, he has an amount of his own money and as a free American, he has the right to find out for himself just how beyond doomed - in oh, so many ways - this endeavor was from the start.

oh, okay.

Well, I still think this thread is going to languish in single digit reply territory until Alex Jones learns the CHICOMS are funding the remake, or DailyWire or Ben Shapiro claims the remake is an example of Cancel Culture, or the feminization of American men or some shit.

Tony: "Maria?"

Maria: "Quiet!"

*minutes later they are singing at the top of their lungs*

oh, okay.

Well, I still think this thread is going to languish in single digit reply territory until Alex Jones learns the CHICOMS are funding the remake, or DailyWire or Ben Shapiro claims the remake is an example of Cancel Culture, or the feminization of American men or some shit.

First of all, Ben Shapiro and Daily Wire are the same thing, and second of all, Ben already did, when the Twitterverse sorrowfully made the great 90 year old Rita Moreno apologize for doing absolutely the right thing regarding Lin Manuel Miranda and In the Heights.

I would say that Spielberg would be, in the words of our friend SpartanMack, more of a traditional libtard than a chicom libtard (Spielberg generally don?t make no movies about superheroes or blowing shit up that the typical Hollywood Jew makes to sell to the chicoms} and perhaps Spielberg got cover from the woke by casting a black lesbian to reprise the great Rita Moreno?s role of Anita.

I may have mocked this endeavor prematurely.

I looked her up on YouTube and the girl who plays Maria, Rachel Zegler - she?s pretty good.

I may have mocked this endeavor prematurely.

I looked her up on YouTube and the girl who plays Maria, Rachel Zegler - she?s pretty good.

I wondered about her name... according to wikipedia she's half colombian, half polish.

I wondered about her name... according to wikipedia she's half colombian, half polish.

Rachel Zegler definitely sounds like Jewish name; she tweeted this a couple years ago commemorating the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz.

She did, however, go to Catholic school.

They could be trimmed.

Look her up on YouTube; girl got some serious pipes.

And unlike the fabulous Natalie Wood, she?s singing the role herself.

not necessary, she looks pretty good as is. They're not like Frida Kahlo big and there appears to be separation which may or may not be natural, just noticeably bigger than average.

I started this on the Movies board then thought better.

I pulled this thread up looking for it on the movies board and was thinking ?what dumbass moved this thread to the politics board?? And I read the posts and realized ?oh - it must have been me!?

Anyway, on a night overshadowed by the narcissist Will Smith, Ariana Debose managed to pull off the almost unimaginable - she won the Academy Award reprising the role the legendary Rita Moreno won the Oscar for 60 years ago.

She was spectacular, and the remake, while not quite as spectacular, is still pretty spectacular.

I pulled this thread up looking for it on the movies board and was thinking ?what dumbass moved this thread to the politics board?? And I read the posts and realized ?oh - it must have been me!?

Anyway, on a night overshadowed by the narcissist Will Smith, Ariana Debose managed to pull off the almost unimaginable - she won the Academy Award reprising the role the legendary Rita Moreno won the Oscar for 60 years ago.

She was spectacular, and the remake, while not quite as spectacular, is still pretty spectacular.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're the only mod who moves threads here.

I can't think of anybody else who does that.

absolute power corrupts, ha

Back