Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Aw shucks, I'm kinda looking forward to Michigan football this weekend

Michchamp

I still think playing football is a terrible idea right now. But... I just can't not watch.

I think PJ Fleck and Minnesota are both overrated.

They played a soft schedule last year; his 11-2 season kinda reminds me of Hoke's 11-2 season.

But this is a weird year, so I'm not going to be surprised if we win 35-0
or lose by any amount. I think it'll be 27-23, Michigan, and more comfortable than the final score indicates. Like 21-10 in our favor in the 3rd Q

I agree that Minnesota is a bit of a paper tiger due to their weak schedule. Then again, Michigan wasn't really any better last year. I have no idea what to expect though with a new QB, 4 new starters on the offensive line and they're moving safeties to corner 2 weeks out which isn't a great sign.

With all that said, I'm very excited to see Milton and year 2 of the Gattis offense. The offense is loaded at the skill positions and probably has the best group of running backs in the conference. If the hype is real for Milton and the line can step up, which I expect to happen because of Wariner, the offense should be the best they've had since Harbaugh got here. I'm sure there will be growing pains but if they show improvement it could be lining up for an awesome 2021 season.

It's going to be super weird without fans. It's still super weird watching big time games without fans. It really loses some of the luster. It's also going to be odd without the band at games. I have no idea what to expect. Home games won't have the same advantage because of it and away games won't be as scary. Playing at OSU without fans? That's going to be super weird.

Last edited:
I emailed Ward Manuel he could borrow my "Hail To The Victors!" Michigan marching band CD from 2000 so he could play the fight song and stuff. it also has "Temptation" and "Hawaiian War Chant" and some covers of Motown hits to play during halftime, but I guess no fans are there anyway.

he said he already has them on his ipod, which he can just plug into the Michigan Stadium speaker system.

I got it at MDen on State Street, which used to be called "Steve and Barry's" and sold 3 shirts for 1 all year.

I emailed Ward Manuel he could borrow my "Hail To The Victors!" Michigan marching band CD from 2000 so he could play the fight song and stuff. it also has "Temptation" and "Hawaiian War Chant" and some covers of Motown hits to play during halftime, but I guess no fans are there anyway.

he said he already has them on his ipod, which he can just plug into the Michigan Stadium speaker system.

I work with the guy who runs the audio at the stadium, he says they're going to be allowed to pump in some noise at a certain level and peak it at "exciting moments" along with playing the band soundtrack. So they very literally may be popping in "A Saturday Tradition" and playing it.

Dodgers game starts half hour after Michigan game starts.

I’ll be watching in the multi-TV sports home theatre as opposed to the single big screen home theater.

Dodgers game starts half hour after Michigan game starts.

I?ll be watching in the multi-TV sports home theatre as opposed to the single big screen home theater.

So if Michigan scores a TD and a Dodger pitcher gets yarded at the same time, will you cheer or throw a fit?

So if Michigan scores a TD and a Dodger pitcher gets yarded at the same time, will you cheer or throw a fit?
he said he was on some mind-numbing medication for a toothache or something, so I imagine regardless of what happens he's going to be Steady Eddie this Saturday.

I guess we all should be. It's just a game... being played in the middle of a global pandemic.

MC is right. I?ll pretty much be steady Eddie, and generally no TD for nor HR against - unless it?s the game decider, and in your scenario you didn?t indicate it would be - is the game decider.

That said, in the universe of sports importance, nothing outweighs a Michigan TD.

Maybe a shot to win the NCAA basketball championship for Michigan would outweigh a random Michigan touchdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-T25jlB79pA

So I will be cheering, to whatever degree I respond.

MC is right. I’ll pretty much be steady Eddie, and generally no TD for nor HR against - unless it’s the game decider, and in your scenario you didn’t indicate it would be - is the game decider.

That said, in the universe of sports importance, nothing outweighs a Michigan TD.

Maybe a shot to win the NCAA basketball championship for Michigan would outweigh a random Michigan touchdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-T25jlB79pA

So I will be cheering, to whatever degree I respond.

Every game winning shot for Michigan outweighs a random Michigan TD.

In my sports universe. :spin:

Last edited:
Back