Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Baby, if You?ve Ever Wondered; Ever Wondered What Became of Me

Howard Hesseman departed, age 81.
I never saw the show. I was a little too young to watch it, and it didn't get widely syndicated.

But the theme song gets stuck in my head really easily.

If I had to pick a guy as an example of what I imagine younger-middle age white guys looked like in the late 70's, it would be him:

WKRP904.jpg

He's the archetype.

I listened to the themesong on youtube this morning while I was making breakfast... and then it played the themes to Cheers, Welcome Back Kotter, and Laverne and Shirley, and I had to stop. Too tough to deal with those memories of when we still had a functional country...

Armageddon is almost upon us!

I will always wonder why he and George Carlin were not cast in the same movie as brothers. Even as a sort of a "white Cheech & Chong" bit in any of those movies. Just always felt like a missed opportunity back in the day. Heck even putting Hesseman in Bill & Ted as a brother or friend of Rufus would have been fitting IMO.

Great career tho, had a long lasting career even if mostly occasional roles in various comedies, when he was involved the audience knew it was going to be a great episode.

I use to watch that show. Very enjoyable. Also in policy academy, #2 or #3. Rest in peace.

I listened to the themesong on youtube this morning while I was making breakfast... and then it played the themes to Cheers, Welcome Back Kotter, and Laverne and Shirley, and I had to stop. Too tough to deal with those memories of when we still had a functional country...

I don?t know.

maybe with the limited choices then, we had more in common.

At the end of the day ? or maybe the beginning of the day - we started the day laughing about what had happened the night before on WKRP, or Cheers or Kotter or Laverne and Shirley.

Maybe our differences didn?t seem so magnified, or stark, or even important.

Back