Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cabrera and Pujols in all star game

It's pretty amazing how their careers are so similar and during the same timeframe. Both are probably top 75 all time players.

Two hitters who defined a generation Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols are living legends.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXJ30sgXgAAelij?format=jpg&name=900x900

Best of their Generation: Cabrera and Pujols. 13 minutes.
Mar 31, 2020 In a one-of-a-kind interview, Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols discuss the admiration they have for one another, and the place that each player holds in baseball history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIsn6cVY-o&ab_channel=DetroitTigers

After watching this how would anyone not want to see Miggy in Detroit.

Two hitters who defined a generation Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols are living legends.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXJ30sgXgAAelij?format=jpg&name=900x900

Best of their Generation: Cabrera and Pujols. 13 minutes.
Mar 31, 2020 In a one-of-a-kind interview, Miguel Cabrera and Albert Pujols discuss the admiration they have for one another, and the place that each player holds in baseball history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIsn6cVY-o&ab_channel=DetroitTigers

I wonder what other players are considered to be in their generation?

I finally had the time to watch the video...it was really good.

Looking at everything, if you had to rank them, I would have to give the ever so slight edge to Pujols.

1. Pujols
1A Cabrera

Last edited:
So Kershaw is on the roster.

We?ll see if he gets the start.

It?s a pretty unique situation; I don?t remember the All Star game coming to the home park of a 3 time Cy Young award and once NL MVP winning one team career pitcher, probably the best of his era (only Scherzer and Verlander come to mind as comparable).

Harold Reynolds wants this to not get messed up.

So Kershaw is on the roster.

We?ll see if he gets the start.

It?s a pretty unique situation; I don?t remember the All Star game coming to the home park of a 3 time Cy Young award and once NL MVP winning one team career pitcher, probably the best of his era (only Scherzer and Verlander come to mind as comparable).

Harold Reynolds wants this to not get messed up.

Seems like this might end up being an old-timers all star game. Miggy, Pujols, JV, and Kershaw starting the game.

Seems like this might end up being an old-timers all star game. Miggy, Pujols, JV, and Kershaw starting the game.

Funny.

I don?t think Miggy and Pujols are slated to start though.

I?m hearing/seeing some of the talking heads suggesting Verlander get the nod to start for the AL.

I might even watch a little bit of the game this season.

Cabrera may retire after the season. If the Tigers were smart they would offer him $20M and let his farewell tour start right now.

Since both played in the AS game

Pujols 31 for 87, 10 HR, OPS 1.177
Cabrera 10 for 74, 1 HR, OPS 0.441

Albert Pujols hit 2 HR last night to become just the 4th player in MLB history to reach 700. 500 was quite the milestone for Cabrera, but 700...holy shit.

I gave a slight edge to Pujols over Cabrera as the best hitter of "this generation", but this milestone has cemented it for me. The way he has been used and how he has performed...I wonder if he comes back next year?

Albert Pujols hit 2 HR last night to become just the 4th player in MLB history to reach 700. 500 was quite the milestone for Cabrera, but 700...holy shit.

I gave a slight edge to Pujols over Cabrera as the best hitter of "this generation", but this milestone has cemented it for me. The way he has been used and how he has performed...I wonder if he comes back next year?

Never seen so many Dodger fans happy that an opposing player hit home runs in a Dodger loss at the Ravine. Don?t those people know that their team is in a pennant chase?

I don?t think anyone threw the balls back on the field like they do at Fenway or Wrigley.

Miggy = Pujols Lite, or Pujols 2.0.

Back