Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cade Transferring to Iowa

Good for him, and good luck to him.

But I thought everything changes in 2024 (when or if?) USC & UCLA join

He's going to need all the luck in the world if Brian Ferentz is his OC. They don't have any weapons in the pass game either.

Thanks for 2021!

Idk
I?m sure things will be different when and If Usc and Ucla join the big ten. I still feel something may happen to prevent them to join. I?m sure I?m wrong. Its just a feeling.

Happy to hear this. Best of luck to Cade and thanks for everything. Multiple players have credited him with being the catalyst for the culture change in the program.

What does a coach say to a premier QB: "If a better one transfers in, you're SOL?" "You can always transfer out if you are bumped by a portal transfer?" "You're the QB of the future, until someone else is?"

Brady never would have played for Michigan under the present rules. Part of being part of a team is being part of it. And of the university at large. JMHO. @me at will.

Last edited:
What does a coach say to a premier QB: "If a better one transfers in, you're SOL?" "You can always transfer out if you are bumped by a portal transfer?" "You're the OB of the future, until someone else is?"

Brady never would have played for Michigan under the present rules. Part of being part of a team is being part of it. And of the university at large. JMHO. @me at will.

It?s a different world, to agree.

Playing college football has never been anyone?s final destination, literally - there have always been finite years of eligibility, going back to that Princeton Rutgers game.

What does a coach say to a premier QB: "If a better one transfers in, you're SOL?" "You can always transfer out if you are bumped by a portal transfer?" "You're the QB of the future, until someone else is?"

Well fortunately these kids (for the most part) are competitors and they all think they're going to be the best regardless of how many challengers there are. They're also not going to find a different situation at 90% of P5 schools out there. They know that if they're not the best they won't play and in Cade's situation, he supplanted Joe Milton which led to Joe's transfer so it's not like he's got any room to complain.

Also, what's it say to the other 130 guys in the locker room if you're starting a less talented player out of loyalty?

Well fortunately these kids (for the most part) are competitors and they all think they're going to be the best regardless of how many challengers there are.

Competitors pack up and leave...so they won't have to face competition?

They're also not going to find a different situation at 90% of P5 schools out there. They know that if they're not the best they won't play and in Cade's situation, he supplanted Joe Milton which led to Joe's transfer so it's not like he's got any room to complain.

There's a difference, IMO, between lateral replacement and being replaced by a younger, more talented player. A spring that bubbles up is more vibrant than a pool of water that's replenished by a water truck and a hose. Portal transfers affect recruiting to consider other teams. Iowa has two returning QBs. One verbal for 2023. That's egregious, and the portal covers that neglect.

Also, what's it say to the other 130 guys in the locker room if you're starting a less talented player out of loyalty?

That's a moot point now, as it was before the transfer rules were changed. This scenario never existed and now it can't exist.

Back