Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cheeseheads fret as Aaron Rodgers demands trade to WC NFL franchise

turok

Right @ the beginning of the 2021 draft, suddenly ARodgers tosses a monkey wrench into the Packers' FO plans and demands to be traded. Surprised that no one else has posted this.

I was going to skip it, but it is just too juicy of a story to ignore. Not posting that the Packers will acceed to his demands,but they will try to smooth his ruffled feathers so that he is again under center for the team next fall.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ng-aaron-rodgers-rift-with-the-packers-widens

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...asure-with-packers-centers-on-brian-gutekunst

Right @ the beginning of the 2021 draft, suddenly ARodgers tosses a monkey wrench into the Packers' FO plans and demands to be traded. Surprised that no one else has posted this.

I was going to skip it, but it is just too juicy of a story to ignore. Not posting that the Packers will acceed to his demands,but they will try to smooth his ruffled feathers so that he is again under center for the team next fall.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ng-aaron-rodgers-rift-with-the-packers-widens

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...asure-with-packers-centers-on-brian-gutekunst

I've known for some days and screw Rodgers. He got tee'd because the Packers drafted Jordon Love last season. Ironic heh since he himself was drafted when Favre was still doing it. It's smart to draft a QB when the guy you have is an old man. MVP or not. Inside the lines he wants to be full time jeopardy host.

I've known for some days and screw Rodgers. He got tee'd because the Packers drafted Jordon Love last season. Ironic heh since he himself was drafted when Favre was still doing it. It's smart to draft a QB when the guy you have is an old man. MVP or not. Inside the lines he wants to be full time jeopardy host.

I heard on the radio that GB has only used two 1st round picks on an offensive player since GB drafted AR besides Love. A tackle in 2011 and another in 2010. Not a single offensive skill player. My guess is AR thought they were one playmaker away from a SB after the 2019 season and they picked his replacement instead.

GB has one good WR and a good RB. The rest of their WRs are average at best. I don't care too much, but I really don't blame him. Plus, I think he may just want a change. I guess his future wife or whatever she is wants to be on the west coast.

No, he's being a big baby. Regardless of lack of draft picks on the offense he's losing it because of the QB they drafted. Its the way it works. Lots of great QB's went to other teams later in their career. That how Rodgers got his job.

Figured that ARodgers might have felt threatened after his backup Matt Flynn set single-game Packers records vs the Lions in the final game of the '12 season, throwing for 480 yds and 6 TDs. But that was just a year after Rodgers had won a SB, and Flynn parlayed that outlier game into signing contracts with over 6 NFL franchises, not including a second go round with the Packers. He never came close to perforrning as well as he did in that one game, and lost in most of those when he started or finished. Plus he was a 7th rounder when picked.

As far as this being comparable to Brett Favre, he retired, then unretired, but the Packers were going forward with Rodgers as starting QB which meant that Brett would need to find a starting gig with another team...who turned out to be the Jets! Jets!! Jets!!!

Last edited:
If I were Aaron Rodgers, I would absolutely covet that Jeopardy hosting gig. Even if it meant retiring earlier than planned. How many decades did the late Trebek do so? Almost 4?

Yep, Trebek hosted in syndication for 37 years...1984-2020.

Last edited:
I?m all for AR being traded out of the division. The CFL would even be more preferable. Let him ply his skills for the Edmonton Football Team. He wouldn?t even need to change uniform colors.

He?d be great at shilling for Empire Life.

Apparently he mentioned to future possible free agents he "didn't expect to be around in 2021."

Back