Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Chris Webber elected to Basketball Hall of Fame

But he is the most corrupt player in the history of basketball and mankind!

(sarcasm)

I'm a little surprised that UM fans support C-Webb.

He was a great player though. 20.7 points and 9.8 rebounds for his career

When I say that I couldn't care less, obviously I could, otherwise I wouldn't even post here, but I couldn't care less if Chris Ford, Howard Komives, Don Adams, Howard Porter, George Trapp, and John Mengelt were elected to the NBA HOF, and Chris Webber was snubbed.

Trivia: Who does not belong on this list (Webber excluded) and why? (In case you could care less).

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised that UM fans support C-Webb.

He was a great player though. 20.7 points and 9.8 rebounds for his career

Given everything that's happened both inside and outside basketball since the Fab 5 (and some that was probably happening even before Webber took money from Ed Martin), their "crimes" look positively quaint by comparison.

It's important to keep a little perspective.

Given everything that's happened both inside and outside basketball since the Fab 5 (and some that was probably happening even before Webber took money from Ed Martin), their "crimes" look positively quaint by comparison.

It's important to keep a little perspective.

I couldn't care less who is in or not in any hall of fames - I doubt I'll ever step foot in any of them. But to call Webber's transgressions quaint by comparison is complete nonsense, particularly if the point shaving accusations are true. Even if they're not, sure what happened at UNC was worse and what Webber did probably happened just about every year wherever Calipari is or was the HC but Webber taking $70k+ was not a minor violation of some trivial rule. Should that keep him out of the Hall of Fame? I don't know or care but it's still a major scandal in college basketball.

Last edited:
Please kindly STFU then.

my comment had nothing to do with the hall of fame. Stop saying stupid shit like 'Webber taking boatloads of cash to play at uofm was 'positively quaint' by comparison' and I'll stop pointing out how stupid the things you post are.

I couldn't care less who is in or not in any hall of fames - I doubt I'll ever step foot in any of them. But to call Webber's transgressions quaint by comparison is complete nonsense, particularly if the point shaving accusations are true. Even if they're not, sure what happened at UNC was worse and what Webber did probably happened just about every year wherever Calipari is or was the HC but Webber taking $70k+ was not a minor violation of some trivial rule.

That's a Tuesday at O$U and the premier schools in the $EC.

Last edited:
Back