Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dak 4 yrs/160m

I mean ... did Jones have a choice? No. Will this ensure an SBC while Prescott is the QB? No. Was Jones sold on Prescott? IMO, No, or he would have done this deal two years ago.

I mean ... did Jones have a choice? No. Will this ensure an SBC while Prescott is the QB? No. Was Jones sold on Prescott? IMO, No, or he would have done this deal two years ago.

I wonder if there were discussions with the Lions for Stafford. Jones LOVES Matty.

That is a TEAM killer, IMO. How can you afford to pay for other solid talent that will bring a run for the playoffs with that? The Cowboys will struggle, especially with the current Salary Cap situation.

That's ok though...I would prefer the Giants win that division as it would make my wife happier and watch more football with me! If only the Giants were not a Charlie Foxtrot that gives the Lions a run for #1 Draft pick every year these days.

That is a TEAM killer, IMO. How can you afford to pay for other solid talent that will bring a run for the playoffs with that? The Cowboys will struggle, especially with the current Salary Cap situation.

That's ok though...I would prefer the Giants win that division as it would make my wife happier and watch more football with me! If only the Giants were not a Charlie Foxtrot that gives the Lions a run for #1 Draft pick every year these days.

That's the NFL right now. It's either a good rookie playing on his rookie deal which is cheap for the first 4 years, or you PAY your QB. Those are the only two options a team has.

I bet the Cowboys called the Jags to see if they were interested in a tag and trade for the #1 pick....but the difference in costs is so massive the move would've had to come with more compensation FOR THE JAGS.

It's insane......the old CBA paid rookies WAY too much. So much so the #1 pick was the statistical WORST pick in the draft.

Now it's gone a complete 180. A really good QB on a rookie deal is so valuable it's insane.

his cap hit is only $22M this year which is $9M less than his tag from last year, so they are in good shape this year. Next year is $33M which is somewhat reasonable. 2023 is $44M & 2024 is $47M. My guess is they figure the cap will go up significantly due to the new TV contract. The bad thing for them is other teams will have more to spend as well.

The odd thing about this contract is the signing bonus is being spread out over 5 years so even after he becomes a free agent there is a dead cap hit of $13.2M. I don't think I have ever seen a contract like that.

Back