Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DeVante Parker and Andy Isabella

detroit1811

Sports Illustrated?s Albert Breer reports DeVante Parker is among the receivers who have ?been discussed? in potential trades ahead of the NFL?s November 2 trade deadline.
Breer mentioned the Lions and Saints as team?s potentially interested in acquiring a wideout at the deadline, which would make sense for two of the worst receiver groups in the league. It?s hard to see either team champing at the bit to get Parker, who has struggled through shoulder and hamstring issues this season. Parker has, however, been productive when on the field this year, catching 17 of 32 targets for 242 yards and a touchdown in three and a half games. Parker, 28, is signed with Miami through the 2023 season. He would instantly become a target hog in Detroit, and would be New Orleans? No. 1 wideout until Michael Thomas (ankle) returns.

Sports Illustrated?s Albert Breer reports Andy Isabella is among potential trade targets for receiver-needy teams like the Saints and Lions.
Isabella has been the forgotten man in Arizona?s wideout rotation this season, replaced by A.J. Green and rookie Rondale Moore. Isabella, who has been active for one game in 2021, was an enticing, blazing fast prospect coming out of the University of Massachusetts in 2019, but has only been used when the Cards are desperate at receiver. He would likely crack the starting lineup for both Detroit and New Orleans if Arizona deals him prior to the NFL?s November 2 trade deadline.

Depending on the compensation I would be good with both these moves. Parker is not as young as I?d like, but is 28 and would only cost about 6mil a year for the next two years. If the compensation was like a 5th I would be willing. As far as Isabella, I liked him coming out the draft, but for whatever reason he hasn?t seen the field much in Arizona. Could be a worthwhile gamble for a late round pick that probably wouldn?t make the roster anyway. They did just lose JJ Watt so maybe they would even swap Isabella for someone like Nick Williams.

Why trade a trade for WR when you're 0-7.

Neither are free agents after this season and it wouldn't hurt to get a guy in the building now to see how he gels with the staff and players. This isn't a move to win more games, this would be a move to add future talent. If Parker pans out you have a high end #2 WR and now only need to find one more in the off-season. For a late round pick, I'd do it. Anything higher then a 5th and I wouldn't.

Id be potentially interested in Davante Parker. That is...if we could get a QB that could throw him the ball. One of those late round deals that makes you say..."gee...we really could have used a guy like that for so little". Except Holmes already wasted all his late round picks on a WR they sit out weekly.

edit...when i say that hes probably a quality 2. Like a marvin Jones. We would still need a quality starting #1 WR that we should draft as early as the Rams 1st rd pick. Thats why i wouldnt give up more than a mid to late rd pick...like a 5th.

Last edited:
I think the point was "why trade?"

No reason to give up a draft pick when you can get a similar bum like Parker in free agency.

This isn?t a game of madden. Free agents don?t just go to the highest bidder. If there is a guy you want, and you?re the Detroit Lions, you?re probably going to have to trade for him.

Last edited:
This is an a game of madden. Free agents don?t just go to the highest bidder. If there is a guy you want, and you?re the Detroit Lions, you?re probably going to have to trade for him.

like I said...Parker is a turd. $9M a year for him?

This isn?t a game of madden. Free agents don?t just go to the highest bidder. If there is a guy you want, and you?re the Detroit Lions, you?re probably going to have to trade for him.

All of the info about DC is indicating players should actually want to come to Detroit and play for him and this coaching staff. These analysts and many players fully understand the current and future situation. While the Lions may not be too enticing to someone looking for a 1 year deal, guys looking for a 3+ year deal will not be avoiding the Lions this off-season.

I'm not saying Detroit will not have to pay for talent, but I do not think they will need to overpay to the degree they have had to in the past. DC has tons of good vibes reverberating throughout the NFL right now.

Back