Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does anyone know why?

Spartanmack

The location for at Rutgers game on Feb 4 is TBD? I went online looking for tickets but there are none available anywhere. The schedule on the MSU website and there is a tip time (noon) and coverage (Fox) but says location TBD.

I've lived out here since 2002 and to my knowledge, RU has never played a conference game in the Garden and they're not the kind of program that would get invited to a Coaches Classic, Tournament of Champoins, etc - they're not a Garden worthy program so I'd be really surprised to see that. St John's plays some regular season games there so maybe they did when they were in the Big East but I would think those games would be against top tier Big East teams, not the dregs like RU.

If it's not going to be at the Rack, the Rock (Prudential Center in Newark) would be more likely than the Garden - they're a NJ team (obviously), have a campus in Newark, etc. But wouldn't they have a neutral site picked out and set by now?

Last edited:
Maybe it?s on an aircraft carrier.

People who show basketball shows love to show Spartans playing basketball on an aircraft carrier, and apparently fans love to watch Spartans playing on an aircraft carrier - they can?t get enough of that shit.

Although Rutgers arguably isn?t even aircraft carrier worthy.

Maybe it?s on an aircraft carrier.

People who show basketball shows love to show Spartans playing basketball on an aircraft carrier, and apparently fans love to watch Spartans playing on an aircraft carrier - they can?t get enough of that shit.

Although Rutgers arguably isn?t even aircraft carrier worthy.

The Intrepid isn't far but it would be awfully cold on the deck of an aircraft carrier in the Hudson in early February!

I've lived out here since 2002 and to my knowledge, RU has never played a conference game in the Garden and they're not the kind of program that would get invited to a Coaches Classic, Tournament of Champoins, etc - they're not a Garden worthy program so I'd be really surprised to see that.

If it's not going to be at the Rack, the Rock (Prudential Center in Newark) would be more likely than the Garden - they're a NJ team, have a campus in Newark, etc. but wouldn't they have that figured out by now?

How often does it happen that people get the Rack and the Rock mixed up and show up at the wrong venue? Also, when Dwayne Johnson was in the WWF or whatever it was, did he ever wrestle a wrestler named the Rack?

How often does it happen that people get the Rack and the Rock mixed up and show up at the wrong venue? Also, when Dwayne Johnson was in the WWF or whatever it was, did he ever wrestle a wrestler named the Rack?

I don't know the answer to either of those questions. I think it's probably rare that people confuse the Rack and the Rock. As for the WWE, I'm not a follower - I know who the Rock is but never heard of anyone called the Rack.

My son thought it was really cool and asked if we could go to the next one. I told him he'd have to join the Navy and be an officer stationed on the boat or I'd have to run for President - and win.

I would vote for you - I think you should challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. Like California Governor Gavin Newsom, I have no presidential aspirations of my own.

The Spartans record on aircraft carriers isn?t that good, but then again they have played really really good teams every time.

I would like the Spartans chances against Rutgers on any United States aircraft carrier anywhere in the world.

I would vote for you - I think you should challenge Trump for the Republican nomination. Like California Governor Gavin Newsom, I have no presidential aspirations of my own.

The Spartans record on aircraft carriers isn?t that good, but then again they have played really really good teams every time.

I would like the Spartans chances against Rutgers on any United States aircraft carrier anywhere in the world.

I appreciate your support but I have no interest in being a politician at any level. A friend asked me to consider running for mayor or school board but I have an easy out - I just tell people in my business, I have to remain politically neutral. When I'm finished with my career, I intend to just pack up and move somewhere warm that suits my politics better than this shit hole.

yeah, I think we're 0-2 on aircraft carriers - and I think Brandon Dawson got hurt in the first one slipping on condensation on the court. I think we should beat Rutgers as well but ESPN doesn't agree - they have us at 31% chance of winning that game as of yesterday - I was wondering how I could get a moneyline bet on that game.

I appreciate your support but I have no interest in being a politician at any level. A friend asked me to consider running for mayor or school board but I have an easy out - I just tell people in my business, I have to remain politically neutral. When I'm finished with my career, I intend to just pack up and move somewhere warm that suits my politics better than this shit hole.

yeah, I think we're 0-2 on aircraft carriers - and I think Brandon Dawson got hurt in the first one slipping on condensation on the court. I think we should beat Rutgers as well but ESPN doesn't agree - they have us at 31% chance of winning that game as of yesterday - I was wondering how I could get a moneyline bet on that game.

I'd vote for you too, but only because it would be hilarious when you made "Stopping Transgender men from playing women's sports" your single national priority, spent every public appearance ranting about it, and then became the only president in history to get impeached for being a dumbass.

I'd vote for you too, but only because it would be hilarious when you made "Stopping Transgender men from playing women's sports" your single national priority, spent every public appearance ranting about it, and then became the only president in history to get impeached for being a dumbass.

You need to work on your troll game - even someone as dumb as you should know I'm the furthest thing from a single-issue voter and that like with most things, transgender boys in girls sports would be a state issue. Also, the majority of Americans aren't as dumb as you - they actually agree men shouldn't be allowed to compete in girls' sports so even if I were to get elected (in part, thanks to your dumbass being a petty shithead and having it backfire on you) and make that a priority, I doubt I'd get impeached for it.

Last edited:
Michigan State vs Rutgers at MSG announced for 2/4.

ugh, that sucks. I was hoping it would be the rock. That shit hole city is another 20 minutes further than shit hole Newark and tickets will probably be 2x the price.

Back