Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Trade Idea

michiganalex

with the eagles releasing Jackson, the Eagles will be in need of a WR. and some of us are in favor of Detroit trading down. here's my idea. if Evans or Especially Watkins falls to Detroit at #10

Detroit gets- Eagles 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks
Philly gets - Detroits 1st round pick

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

if you look at the value chart it adds up perfectly. Gives Detroit an Extra 2nd and 3rd to fill holes

Again, the draft chart is no longer used. Refer to last season when the Fins went from 12 to 3 for an extra third.

The draft value chart hasn't been widely used in nearly a decade. Some teams held on to it longer than others, but everyone involved in the draft agrees it no longer works.

still what do you think of the trade? i mean if the Eagles want a WR to replace Jackson Watkins or evans would be it and either or both could be at 10 when detroit picks

If Watkins fell (and he wont) there is no way we would trade out of 10. Just wont happen.

I don't see evans as a good fit in chips offense. There will be plenty of WR options when they pick.

Cooks or Beckham would fit the Eagles. They both would be there.

Why? There is no way to know if Mayhew covets a WR at 10 even if it's Watkins.

Everything I have read has been that they are nuts for Watkins and they don't care who knows it. Caldwell went to dinner with him and his parents, the only player they have done that with (no mention if it was a Sizzler or not).

Everything I have read has been that they are nuts for Watkins and they don't care who knows it. Caldwell went to dinner with him and his parents, the only player they have done that with (no mention if it was a Sizzler or not).

I did not know that. If be was there at 10 it sure would help our new qb in 2015.

While the Eagles may want another receiver, they also just shelled out big money for both Maclin and Cooper.

They really can't afford another big contact at the position.

I don't see them giving up most of the top half of their draft to take on another big money player.

If they did, then hell yeah I'd be happy, but it won't happen.

Again, the draft chart is no longer used. Refer to last season when the Fins went from 12 to 3 for an extra third.

The draft value chart hasn't been widely used in nearly a decade. Some teams held on to it longer than others, but everyone involved in the draft agrees it no longer works.

actually it was a second, #42

Lions are moving up to get Watkins....they are courting him like he is a 17 year old prom queen.

dude i hope not. they need gilbert or Denarrd more then Watkins. he's a good player and all but secondary is their biggest need.

Lions are moving up to get Watkins....they are courting him like he is a 17 year old prom queen.

For our 1 and 3 I have no problem with it. If it takes our 1 and 2, just dont know if it is worth it.

3 was Warford, 2 was Slay last year.

Not every year you hit a home run like Warford with your 3rd round pick. I would roll the dice on giving up the 3rd to get Watkins.

Second round should be a solid starter every year. Wouldnt want to trade that

Back