Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Drafting players who sat out

zyxt9

While some guys who sat out are likely still top picks, some will likely fall due to not playing last year. One I am thinking about in particular is Ambry Thomas.

Who else are players who will fall to later rounds due to sitting out, and are any of them potential Lions targets?

If Lions early rounds have a WR, DL, and 2 LBS, I'm thinking Thomas could be there with their 4th Round pick. I would not be upset with them grabbing him there, or maybe even with a 3rd Round pick if it seems his value is high enough. I think he would be a solid #2 CB and might be flying under the radar a bit due to sitting out.

How many other guys are like that? Guys who sat out and as a result might be around in later rounds as a result? Might the Lions attempt to trade future picks to jump into late rounds to grab one of these guys??? Could potentially get Round 2-4 talent in Rounds 5-7 simply because they did not play last year.

I think the need for starters at wr lb and s trump our need for a starting slot corner. That I said I think we target one with our late 3rd rd pick. Thomas and a couple others should be in play.

Nico Collins had a big pro day. He sat last year.

6’4”. 214 lbs. Ran a 4.43. Had a 6.71 3 cone....which is a number even little guys struggle to get to.

Could be a good 3rd/4th round pick. But then we’d have 3 of the same WR. Perriman and Williams already very similar size and speed. But both on 1 year deals.

What about that DT from Pitt? Would he be a potential get with early R3 pick? Would he drop that far or is he a lock for R1/R2?

Back