Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Eli Brooks

hungry

Man! This guy sure has developed into a player!

17 points today!

When this dude was a freshman, I was like, what the hell is this guy doing wearing a Michigan uniform? This dude sucks!!!

He has really developed into a damn good basketball player. I hope he stays another year.

I really thought this dude didn't deserve a scholarship. I was wrong. I thought he would transfer after his freshman year and I am glad he did not.

Go Blue!!

His defense and leadership is his greatest asset. He does some crafty things on O to put points on the board, but really when his 3 is dropping, i don't think we're going to get beat. He and Brown are the biggest x factors.

He did look pretty lost on the court his first year. I also figured he'd transfer, but then it seemed like everything just clicked for him.

He did look pretty lost on the court his first year. I also figured he'd transfer, but then it seemed like everything just clicked for him.

Makes me wonder how often that might happen if players didn't bail as often as they seem to nowadays.

His defense and leadership is his greatest asset. He does some crafty things on O to put points on the board, but really when his 3 is dropping, i don't think we're going to get beat. He and Brown are the biggest x factors.

I would add his FT% as an asset. Money getting the ball to him when OSU had to foul.

Livers summed up Eli very well after the Minnesota loss:

“Without Eli, he’s a facilitator, he’s a threat,” Isaiah Livers said. “His IQ is on a different level. He sets some off the ball away screens that get shooters open, get himself open. Makes some great plays. He knows how to calm the offense, has great pace to his game. So he’s an everything guy for us. Losing a guy like Eli Brooks can’t go unnoticed. He’s a leader, he’s a senior.”

Brooks' easy-open-layup on our last full possession yesterday more or less iced it for us. I know OSU kept hitting Hail Maries after that, but that layup put ALL the pressure on them at that moment in the game.

My son was saying we won already with like 2:00 left, and I was explaining to him it was a close enough game, that everything could swing one way from then on. But Brooks' basically was THE guy who made that swing in our favor.

Nice to see a Michigan team be the one that's calmly making clutch plays down the stretch for a change.

This was the first basketball game that I have watched (although half heartedly) all year. That center looks and plays like a 28 year old grown man. Went on line and found out he is only a freshman? Maybe it's the beard.

This was the first basketball game that I have watched (although half heartedly) all year. That center looks and plays like a 28 year old grown man. Went on line and found out he is only a freshman? Maybe it's the beard.

You like the beard, eh?

You like the beard, eh?

Is that his nickname? He seemed to be a man among boys out there yesterday. He's kind of like an old school center...not like most of the guys out there that stand outside and take threes. Of course, I'm basing this opinion on watching one game while drinking...so I could be way off base.:cheers:

Is that his nickname? He seemed to be a man among boys out there yesterday. He's kind of like an old school center...not like most of the guys out there that stand outside and take threes. Of course, I'm basing this opinion on watching one game while drinking...so I could be way off base.:cheers:

Strange place to admit to having a crush on Hunter Dickinson

This thread is about Eli Brooks. I thought it was, anyway

Strange place to admit to having a crush on Hunter Dickinson

This thread is about Eli Brooks. I thought it was, anyway

sorry I stepped on your toes. I won't talk about any other player in your thread, dedicated to your crush, Eli Brooks.

Back