Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Flowers to Chiefs?

Flowers is as good as gone in 2022, IMO. If we could get out of that contract now and save his remaining base salary for the year, plus add draft compensation that would be a huge win. If he was traded before the trade deadline next week we would save 7mil against the cap this year. That money would then roll over into next yeas cap space, not to mention the 10mil+ that we would save next year as well.

I think other guys to look out for are Nick Williams and Dean Marlowe. With Hand and Strong coming back the D-Line room is getting crowded. Williams has been okay this year, but he isn't part of the future. He would fit in very well on a contender as a very solid rotational piece and I could see him fetching a 6th rounder. Marlowe is obviously in the doghouse here, but he has put solid play on film in his previous stops. I could see a team giving up a 7th for him or even a swap of back of roster players.

The only other guy I would keep an eye on is Tracy Walker. I don't want to get rid of him by any means, but after all this losing the past four years he may be ready to move on. I personally don't think he is worth the projected franchise number for safeties (13.5mil). If Campbell and Holmes had that conversation and Walker has expressed a desire to move on then we should get something for him now. IMO, Walker isn't worth much more then 10mil or so a year. If he is asking for top of the market money (15mil+) I wouldn't give that to him. I think we could get a 2nd rounder for him and maybe target Marcus Williams instead.

Flowers is as good as gone in 2022, IMO. If we could get out of that contract now and save his remaining base salary for the year, plus add draft compensation that would be a huge win. If he was traded before the trade deadline next week we would save 7mil against the cap this year. That money would then roll over into next yeas cap space, not to mention the 10mil+ that we would save next year as well.

I think other guys to look out for are Nick Williams and Dean Marlowe. With Hand and Strong coming back the D-Line room is getting crowded. Williams has been okay this year, but he isn't part of the future. He would fit in very well on a contender as a very solid rotational piece and I could see him fetching a 6th rounder. Marlowe is obviously in the doghouse here, but he has put solid play on film in his previous stops. I could see a team giving up a 7th for him or even a swap of back of roster players.

The only other guy I would keep an eye on is Tracy Walker. I don't want to get rid of him by any means, but after all this losing the past four years he may be ready to move on. I personally don't think he is worth the projected franchise number for safeties (13.5mil). If Campbell and Holmes had that conversation and Walker has expressed a desire to move on then we should get something for him now. IMO, Walker isn't worth much more then 10mil or so a year. If he is asking for top of the market money (15mil+) I wouldn't give that to him. I think we could get a 2nd rounder for him and maybe target Marcus Williams instead.

Yes, Flowers is gone. Getting anything for him now would just be a bonus. He's an average 3-4 talent because he's not good at all dropping in zone coverage and certainly not a threat to cover m2m. He fit's a 4-3 better, IMO.

Walker is 50/50 to me. Like ANY DB in the league, if we surrounded him with better talent he would be better than he is now.....which could certainly justify a solid pay day. That being said, the Lions are likely 2 years away from doing that and paying him top 5 safety $$ isn't smart.....so if we could get a 2nd or 3rd for him.....do it. He's not a difference maker.

Chiefs have 3 million in cap space, I?m not sure they could even make this move without shedding some other salaries. Can?t imagine they?d be willing to give much with all the other moves they?d have have to make. Article doesn?t seem to mention this.

Get rid of an overpaid, always injured bum that doesnt produce?...lions are too dumb to do that.

Back