Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Flyers 3 Detroit 1 Final

Last 25 games. I?m very frustrated. They go on a 7-3 run mostly on the road before this losing streak. Wtf. This is pathetic.
The team has no grit at all. No toughness. Where are all these so called prospects we have been hearing about.?

Tampa Bay 37-17-4??Lost 3-0
@ Ottawa 28-26-4??..Lost 6-2
@ Ottawa 228-26-4?..Lost 6-1
Seattle 32-21-6????.Lost 5-4 ot
@ islanders 31-25-8?..Lost 4-1
@ Flyers 23-28-11??..Lost 3-1
Chicago 21-35-5
@ Boston 48-8-5
Boston 48-8-5
@ Nashville 30-23-6
Colorado 34-20-5
Florida 30-27-6
@ St. Louis 27-29-5
St. Louis 27-29-5
@ Flyers 23-28-11
Pittsburgh 31-21-9
Carolina 39-12-8
@ Jets 35-24-1
@ Maple Leafs 38-16-8
@ Montreal 26-31-4
Buffalo 31-25-4
Pittsburgh 31-21-9
Dallas 33-16-13
@ Carolina 39-12-8
@ Tampa Bay 37-19-5

Last edited:
Just bad hockey. Bert missed most of the season, Vrana too. Hronek was a wash, okay on offense not so much on defense. Sunny, meh. This team shouldn't be so bad because of the trades.

I remember the expectations that Yzerman set at his initial presser. "31 other GMs are trying to do what I'm doing." I trust him.

I think the team has clearly just lost morale knowing they blew their opportunities to be buyers at the deadline and make a real push. I think mentally they're just not all there anymore. I hate to think that word came down to start tanking as well but the way they're playing sure makes it seem like it.

I think the team has clearly just lost morale knowing they blew their opportunities to be buyers at the deadline and make a real push. I think mentally they're just not all there anymore. I hate to think that word came down to start tanking as well but the way they're playing sure makes it seem like it.
Players don't tank. I doubt its there morale because they weren't buyers, and truthfully shouldn't have been.

Players don't tank. I doubt its there morale because they weren't buyers, and truthfully shouldn't have been.

Tanking is the wrong word as that implies deliberate concentrated efforts to not give 100%. But I do think they lost some heart and it's evident in their play. Losing teammates sucks.

If they hadn't lost the 3 straight to TB, OTT, OTT I think they absolutely could have been buyers and many on local radio were clamoring for it. They would have been prime in playoff positioning and could have even moved up some spots. It wasn't to be though.

I'm fine with the moves they made it was right to sell off after those losses.

Tanking is the wrong word as that implies deliberate concentrated efforts to not give 100%. But I do think they lost some heart and it's evident in their play. Losing teammates sucks.

If they hadn't lost the 3 straight to TB, OTT, OTT I think they absolutely could have been buyers and many on local radio were clamoring for it. They would have been prime in playoff positioning and could have even moved up some spots. It wasn't to be though.

I'm fine with the moves they made it was right to sell off after those losses.
It's hard to buy just to get the 8th spot and face Boston. It wasn't the year to buy. Bert and Hronek was gone, too far away in contact tallks. You keep them and maybe you have a 40% to get in but then they're gone. And getting smashed by Ottawa twice with everyone here its not a surprise that they kept getting smashed. It showed how close we were.

And lastly we were winning when Bert and Vrana weren't playing. It wasn't the year to make trade.

Last edited:
It's hard to buy just to get the 8th spot and face Boston. It wasn't the year to buy. Bert and Hronek was gone, too far away in contact tallks. You keep them and maybe you have a 40% to get in but then they're gone. And getting smashed by Ottawa twice with everyone here its not a surprise that they kept getting smashed. It showed how close we were.

And lastly we were winning when Bert and Vrana weren't playing. It wasn't the year to make trade.

After they beat the Rangers they were only 3 pts back from the Islanders for 7th place with four games in hand. It wasn't out of the question to believe they could have caught them. And with hockey moreso than any other sport people believe the "just get in" idea and maybe you can get hot. Happens in hockey much more than other sports.

But yes looking back I can tend to agree it probably didn't make sense, and people were just flying high on the win streak at the time.

Last edited:
After they beat the Rangers they were only 3 pts back from the Islanders for 7th place with four games in hand. It wasn't out of the question to believe they could have caught them. And with hockey moreso than any other sport people believe the "just get in" idea and maybe you can get hot. Happens in hockey much more than other sports.

But yes looking back I can tend to agree it probably didn't make sense, and people were just flying high on the win streak at the time.

So you're okay with maybe getting in, trading assets and losing Bert and Horonek anyway? This is about wining a title not one playoff opportunity.

I said this team wasn?t very good and needed more toughness. I am glad they traded and got something for some of the players. They are improving but the prospects need to contribute and Steve needs to sign better free agents. Types like Copp, Charoit and Hagg aren?t going to cut it.

I am frustrated. All Detroit fans deserve better then this. These rebuilds are taking way to long.

Last edited:
So you're okay with maybe getting in, trading assets and losing Bert and Horonek anyway? This is about wining a title not one playoff opportunity.

Well I said I'm fine with what they actually ended up doing considering those 3 losses in a row before the deadline. My whole point was prior to that losing streak many folks were starting to turn toward being buyers and I understood that point of view. It was just a shame they lost that many games in a row and ruined their momentum.

Detroit sports needs a boost. All of our teams have been garbage for a decade or longer at this point. I wouldn't have minded making a bit of a splash if they had kept their winning ways up and try to make a run and bring some excitement to the fanbase. It's also something for the young guys to build on getting in a playoff series or two even if they fall short. You're more likely to make a surprise run in the NHL playoffs than any other pro sport as well.

Like I said it wasn't to be given their losing streak leading up to the deadline and they made the right decision in the end.

Wings are better off than the others (Pistons, Tigers). At least they have been improving each year.. And a long rebuild was to be expected with 25 straight years of playoffs and always buyers. The team had no talent.

Back