Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Bears @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

That CB for Dallas 4th PI. Never seen one guy get 4. Lost the game.

Thibodeaux better be worth being subjected to this garbage.

My name 503 is Oregon. Born, raised and live in Portland. I?m a Duck fan. Thibodeaux is good, very good, but not worth this garbage.

If we wanted a franchise changing DE, we should?ve moved up one spot to snag Young when we had the chance.

My name 503 is Oregon. Born, raised and live in Portland. I?m a Duck fan. Thibodeaux is good, very good, but not worth this garbage.

If we wanted a franchise changing DE, we should?ve moved up one spot to snag Young when we had the chance.

Who has a higher ceiling, in your opinion... Tibs or Hutch? Just really worried we take Tibs because he has been the hot name to go #1 all year, but I am beginning to prefer Hutch who makes good plays in non-pass rushing moments as well as having solid rush skill set.

I see Hutch getting out to make tackles on WRs when there are quick outs to them and he plays well against the run usually. I have not watched Tibs to know if he similarly makes plays like that, or is he a 'sack artist' only type?

We need pass rush, but we need someone with enough versatility to contribute in other ways as well. At least that's my take on situation. If Tibs is as good as Hutch in these areas, great! If not, I'm on the Hutch train.

Last edited:
Who has a higher ceiling, in your opinion... Tibs or Hutch? Just really worried we take Tibs because he has been the hot name to go #1 all year, but I am beginning to prefer Hutch who makes good plays in non-pass rushing moments as well as having solid rush skill set.

I see Hutch getting out to make tackles on WRs when there are quick outs to them and he plays well against the run usually. I have not watched Tibs to know if he similarly makes plays like that, or is he a 'sack artist' only type?

We need pass rush, but we need someone with enough versatility to contribute in other ways as well. At least that's my take on situation. If Tibs is as good as Hutch in these areas, great! If not, I'm on the Hutch train.

I have only seen Hutch play 5-6 times. He looked like a really good player. I have never seen Tibs play.

Your description of Hutch sounds like a low ceiling, high floor player. A very safe pick if you want a solid DE. There is nothing wrong with that. But, If you are taking an edge player #1 overall, he better not just be a high floor, solid player...he needs to be a difference maker.

IMO neither one of them fits the model of this defense. They play 3 DTs often and they rely on their edge rusher to drop into coverage often. Micah Parson would have been perfect...think Hassan Reddick, Leonard Floyd, Isaiah Simmons. You literally see Flowers and Okwara in the flat a good amount of snaps right now.

If they wanted to change to a more traditional 4-3 i think either one of them would be good.

Either one of them is better than what we have now. Harris and Bryant simply can not get to the QB.

Last edited:
Man at the time i didnt really care...but that L yesterday is really starting to bug me the more i think about it. How are NFL coaches that are making THAT much money so fucking stupid? 18 play drive to lose is one thing lol. But the fact you have them in 3rd in long with a chance to give your team the ball back after a long field goal somehow turns into:
Back to back TOs resulting in a pentaly which is now 3rd n short
Playing your CBs 12 yards off on 3rd n short resulting in an easy conversion to extend the drive
12 men on the field the play AFTER 2 consecutive TOs lmao!
Dan Meathead Campbell calling a WR screen and 3rd down draw on EVERY single fucking possession.

I would honestly celebrate today if Aaron Glenn, Anthony Lynn and Dan Campbell all got fired today. What a bunch of duds....nice job Holmes!...what a fucking shit show on national television....Again!

IMO neither one of them fits the model of this defense. They play 3 DTs often and they rely on their edge rusher to drop into coverage often. Micah Parson would have been perfect...think Hassan Reddick, Leonard Floyd, Isaiah Simmons. You literally see Flowers and Okwara in the flat a good amount of snaps right now.

If they wanted to change to a more traditional 4-3 i think either one of them would be good.

Either one of them is better than what we have now. Harris and Bryant simply can not get to the QB.

Flowers and Romeo werent used in coverage much..16 snaps out of 188 for Romeo and he has a solid coverage grade. Trey Flowers 26 snaps out of 302 with anothet solid coverage grade. Julian 52 out of 261 but he has a good coverage grade. So thats not problem. Problem is okwara tore achilles, flowers hurt most of year too and harris has been falling off after a good start. Julian 34th out of 105 in pass rush.

Interior dline is more of a problem. Brockers sucks, two rookies growing and mcneil is a nose so not much rush expected, williams sucks and hand ir. And blitzes from ilbs or dbs not effective

Last edited:
Before Fords
183-163-17
1935 nfl champs
1952 nfl champs
1953 nfl champs
1954 runner up
1956 2nd in west cheap shot by bears last game of season
Knocked Layne out in first quarter. Lions would have been in another
Title game.
1957 NFL champs .
====================
After Fords it's just a clown show
William Clay Ford....334-457-15
Martha Firestone......45-50-1
Shelia Hemp Ford......5-21-1
Playoffs......................1-12 if I counted right .
========================
Regular season........384-528-17
Please SELL This Club!

Now I know how that Tie with Philly is important. We have something to Aspire to now. Its too soon to go 0-17. We needed that tie.

Back