Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gonna be a boring week for fans

Spartanmack

But plenty to work on for the team. Not much to talk about - we know where the problem areas are (o-line, defensive secondary, Thorne's accuracy issues and questionable decision making at times, Tucker's fear of calling TO to get plays reviewed - there were 2 really bad one's in the 1st half and I think the team went into the locker room w/ all 3 TOs).

Might be more interesting to start a survey of what the early line might be for uofm at MSU. Anyone care to guess? A lot could happen but assuming uofm doesn't stub their toe against the Mildcats, I'm thinking it will open somewhere around uofm -2.5 or -3 maybe. It could be higher - uofm fans are some of the most loyal homer gamblers (along w/ Texas and ND) so their lines are often favorable to the underdogs.

Last edited:
The question I have for MSU fans is, do you prefer NW beats UM just because you despise UM and every loss they have is great... or... UM beats NW so that both UM and MSU will be undefeated in their match up?

The question I have for MSU fans is, do you prefer NW beats UM just because you despise UM and every loss they have is great... or... UM beats NW so that both UM and MSU will be undefeated in their match up?

Beat NW and be undefeated.

It would make a win that much sweeter.

An unexpected loss to NW would slightly diminish the importance of the game on the 30th. And then I wouldn't have to hear the excuses from my Michigan buddies on how they knew their season was over....so they didn't get up for the State game......blah blah blah.

I have a friend that makes excuses for M losses like LKP did for Lions losses the last 10 years. Refs. Crowd. Not "up" for the game. Too hyped for the game. Overlooked State. It's MSU's Super Bowl........

Those are all actual excuses I've heard from him on why Michigan lost games.

Beat NW and be undefeated.

It would make a win that much sweeter.

An unexpected loss to NW would slightly diminish the importance of the game on the 30th. And then I wouldn't have to hear the excuses from my Michigan buddies on how they knew their season was over....so they didn't get up for the State game......blah blah blah.

I have a friend that makes excuses for M losses like LKP did for Lions losses the last 10 years. Refs. Crowd. Not "up" for the game. Too hyped for the game. Overlooked State. It's MSU's Super Bowl........

Those are all actual excuses I've heard from him on why Michigan lost games.

Wait, what?

Only the ONE guy?

That sounds like 90% of the posts on our game threads.

I'm a uofm fan when they're not playing MSU. My order of loyalty is school, state, conference (ex-wisconsin and the 4 add-ons).

Last edited:
This isn't saying a whole lot but I just noticed we have yet to beat a team with a winning record. two of uofm's opponents have winning records but they're not exactly what you would call quality wins - WMU and NIU.

Again, I think it's misleading as IU and Nebraska are both much better than their records indicate and Miami probably is too but still 7-0 and not one of those opponents is even .500. That probably doesn't happen a lot for Power 5 teams.

Last edited:
I fully agree MSU's opponents have been tougher than their records. Nebraska has had a particularly rough go in games they woulda / coulda / should won, and that applies to both their MSU and UM losses.

So while their opponents are currently below .500, I agree they have faced opponents who are stronger than WMU and NIU.

I think the game will be decided by which team gets that 1 lucky break. Typically such events have traditionally favored MSU more than UM when they have those types of games.

I fully agree MSU's opponents have been tougher than their records. Nebraska has had a particularly rough go in games they woulda / coulda / should won, and that applies to both their MSU and UM losses.

So while their opponents are currently below .500, I agree they have faced opponents who are stronger than WMU and NIU.

I think the game will be decided by which team gets that 1 lucky break. Typically such events have traditionally favored MSU more than UM when they have those types of games.

Miami with D'Eriq King is a different team than the one that is playing now. Either way, we lack a truly impressive win, plenty of opportunities coming up.

Time to get the ball rolling on the thread for the most exciting week of the season, yes?

As a gesture of good due to the incredible season by both teams and potential for great seasons even beyond this week, I wish to express a hope for a great game with no player experiencing a significant injury that reduces their ability to play those future games, and may the refs not induce a controversial win.

All that said...GO BLUE!!!

I was close - called for uofm -2.5. The line opened at uofm -2 but is already at uofm -4. Not sure why that's the case - according to Vegasinsider.com 74% of the action on the spread is on the Spartans. Unless that's 74% of tickets and there are some massive wagers on uofm making the notional skew to the wolverines, I would expect the line to trend the other way.

Go Green!

I was close - called for uofm -2.5. The line opened at uofm -2 but is already at uofm -4. Not sure why that's the case - according to Vegasinsider.com 74% of the action on the spread is on the Spartans. Unless that's 74% of tickets and there are some massive wagers on uofm making the notional skew to the wolverines, I would expect the line to trend the other way.

Go Green!

Yeah I was surprised at the opening line too.

Looks like this game is kind of a big deal.

Back