Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh dinat8ng bonus money To other athletic employees who had pay cuts

it is a great thing to do, regardless of the potential troll intent

kinda like my idea of giving homeless people around the Midwest Ohio St. sweatshirts.

As someone who does not make $4.5MM per year, I approve of this move.

In all seriousness, I can't imagine what this gesture means for the families that were forced to take less money in a time when inflation is rampant and everything costs more already. Kudos to Jim and Sarah.

I wonder if the recipients will have to pay a gift tax. I hope not.

Last edited:
I wonder if the recipients will have to pay a gift tax. I hope not.

Harbaugh can set up a trust, name them as beneficiaries and distribute some amount (used to be $10K/year) tax free, with higher distributions possibly allowed with conditions

I assume that's only gotten easier, as our country doesn't tax rich people anymore because they take their money and use it to create good paying jobs for other Americans.

Harbaugh can set up a trust, name them as beneficiaries and distribute some amount (used to be $10K/year) tax free, with higher distributions possibly allowed with conditions

Awesome

I assume that's only gotten easier, as our country doesn't tax rich people anymore because they take their money and use it to create good paying jobs for other Americans.

Never a missed opportunity ? :cheers:

My guess is he'll tell the AD to keep it and pay it to them. Likely going to handled as a bonus, so higher taxes than a gift.

The trust approach would be great as well but either way someone is paying income tax on it so there'd just be less in the pot to start.

How many employees are we talking here and how much is 5-10%?

Back