Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh's Tenure in 45 Seconds

O'Korn and Milton are out of order, and there's no Cade McNamara!

Does Jim have a post JJ plan ?

Cade McNamara will transfer back from Iowa.

Maybe. Lol. Could he?

I think Jayden Denegal could step up.

And we have a pretty big QB recruit committed (Jayden Davis). I hate to think we'd be starting a true freshman.

Otherwise we need a transfer for 2024.

Looking at our QB room for the foreseeable future, looks like Old White Guys who don't like Black Quarterbacks will probably not be too happy about Michigan football for the next couple years, unless Davis Warren has a Brian Griese like transformation next year

(I'm assuming JJ leaves after this season. if not, that would be great... presumably we'll start either Denegal or Davis in 2025)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Webb said on Monday that the idea of JJ returning next year is "not ridiculous" and said he's basing that things he's been told. He hasn't elaborated yet, at least not as far as I've seen, but if you look at the big picture it kinda makes sense. JJ's not hurting for money with NIL and the QB class this year is completely stacked whereas next year it's almost barren. He could make himself several million just by waiting a year and would legitimately be in the conversation for #1 overall if he stays. This year he's viewed anywhere from 3rd-6th from what I've seen.

IF JJ returns then the current succession plan is most likely Jayden Davis (2024 commit) unless one of the current QBs gets a year.

In a perfect world the best option, albeit seeming unlikely at this point, would be JJ returns and they get Bryce Underwood in the 2025 class and he can start as a true freshman. They're already saying Underwood is the best QB prospect out of the state since Drew Henson and that was based on his freshman and sophomore seasons in high school. Right now though it looks like Michigan is running 2nd or 3rd in that recruitment behind LSU and/or Colorado but they're also playing catch up from Matt Weiss' terrible recruiting efforts.

Back