Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Haskins didn't last long.. (Update: Steelers sign him 1-21-21)

I saw that. From what I read he is very immature. Not only did he not follow the COVID rules, but he wasn't preparing during the week like he should have been. Urban Meyer said he was surprised when he left OSU after just 14 starts (translation, he wasn't mature enough)

He has the arm and accuracy but he is just very immature. Maybe this will be his wakeup call. Most likely, it won't, and he will be out of football in a few years. He got $14M...I'm sure that will last him until he's 26

I actual thought he'd be one of the better QB of the '19 draft. Boy was I wrong. Be somewhat mature and you can be a QB for years in the NFl. Chase Daniels for example, 10 years.

If a team thinks they can change him, sure, sign him for a minimum salary. I just doubt he is going to change.

Someone will sign him to a league minimum contract. Low risk, high reward. The Lions aren't in position to do that.

My guess, the Patriots will try.

Haskins is another in the long line of QBs from the Urban Mayer QB factory marked as “defective” by the NFL.

Haskins is another in the long line of QBs from the Urban Mayer QB factory marked as ?defective? by the NFL.

there are probably 10-15 QBs drafted every year and maybe 1 or 2 become starters. It's probably the biggest crap shoot in the draft.

Most of Urban's QBs were undersized running QBs that were acceptable passers in college. Haskins was probably the first "throw first" QB's that Urban had. He was very immature (still is) and really never developed given he only got 14 starts in college. He clearly isn't ready for the NFL. Unless he pulls his head out of his ass, his NFL career is over. If I were a betting man, I would bet he gets signed by another team, makes a half hearted effort, and gets released. Then another team will try, and fail.

there are probably 10-15 QBs drafted every year and maybe 1 or 2 become starters. It's probably the biggest crap shoot in the draft.

Most of Urban's QBs were undersized running QBs that were acceptable passers in college. Haskins was probably the first "throw first" QB's that Urban had. He was very immature (still is) and really never developed given he only got 14 starts in college. He clearly isn't ready for the NFL. Unless he pulls his head out of his ass, his NFL career is over. If I were a betting man, I would bet he gets signed by another team, makes a half hearted effort, and gets released. Then another team will try, and fail.

It goes further back than Urban. The only moderately successful OSU QB I can even think of is Mike Tomczak.

And Joe Sparma.

Last edited:
It goes further back than Urban. The only moderately successful OSU QB I can even think of is Mike Tomczak.

And Joe Sparma.

you are right...they haven't been very successful. Joe Burrow may be their best one but they let him go in favor of Haskins.

Maybe Fields slips in the draft because of Haskins. He is similar in that he only has about 18 starts. Watch, he'll slip to the Lions, they take him and he's another bust. :lmao:

looks like he is going to sign with the Steelers. Hopefully (for his sake) getting released was his wake up call.

Its a good sport for him. Hopefully he can grow up a bit and learn some from Ben before he retires.

Back