Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Henne retires

Michchamp

Announced immediately after winning his second Super Bowl ring with the Chiefs (link). I'm happy for him.

I thought he might see some PT yesterday, after Mahomes took that hit right before the half.

Mahomes' ankle tendons must be made of steel cable or something...

Announced immediately after winning his second Super Bowl ring with the Chiefs (link). I'm happy for him.

I thought he might see some PT yesterday, after Mahomes took that hit right before the half.

Mahomes' ankle tendons must be made of steel cable or something...

Made of cortizone or lidocaine or both, lol. I was hoping Henne played the whole 2nd half and led the comeback. Would have been all time with the retirement angle.

Made of cortizone or lidocaine or both, lol. I was hoping Henne played the whole 2nd half and led the comeback. Would have been all time with the retirement angle.

There is no comeback with Henne in the game.

There is no comeback with Henne in the game.

Those scrambles won the game for them. But the Eagles apparently thought he couldn't run. Their DL over-pursued every down.

I didn't notice much Brandon Graham down the stretch... kinda wonder if a more experienced DL would've seen some of those things coming. Either way, I didn't walk away thinking "Man, there was some shrewd coaching going on"... the players won it.

He, Elvis Grbac and Todd Collins combined for like 47yrs with the KC Chiefs in some form of backup or bandaid QB.

And that was the worst, most predictable penalty call ever. Fuck off, Roger - I?m done with the NFL. Shits like WWE - fake.

He, Elvis Grbac and Todd Collins combined for like 47yrs with the KC Chiefs in some form of backup or bandaid QB.

And that was the worst, most predictable penalty call ever. Fuck off, Roger - I?m done with the NFL. Shits like WWE - fake.

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the call. It was holding. Even Bradberry said it was holding.

After the game, Bradberry admitted that he tugged at Smith-Schuster.

?It was a holding,? Bradberry told reporters. ?I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide.?

I don't understand why everyone is so upset about the call. It was holding. Even Bradberry said it was holding.

?It was a holding,? Bradberry told reporters. ?I tugged his jersey. I was hoping they would let it slide.?

I've seen comments that the throw was so bad, it would've been uncatchable even without the hold. I do remember it looking that way, but I'm not sure if JuJu had another step, he couldn't have made a leaping catch.

I've seen comments that the throw was so bad, it would've been uncatchable even without the hold. I do remember it looking that way, but I'm not sure if JuJu had another step, he couldn't have made a leaping catch.

I?m glad I slept through it. I think I fell asleep sometime during RayRay.

I have zero idea why Henne would be retiring now.

Now that he is backing up Mahomes, if he hangs around, he?ll probably pass Tom Brady as the former Michigan quarterback with the most Super Bowl championship rings.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHC_CVDVYA

A holding call is made before the ball is thrown, therefore the ball doesn't have to be catchable.

From what I've seen from people whining about it, it's because it was fairly minor and hadn't been called all night despite probably happening a dozen times. If that's true, they probably should have let it go, especially given the stage of the game.

Personally, I think they should call the game the same in the last 2 minutes as they do in the first 2 minutes - unless we're talking about my daughter's 6th grade basketball games. They've been up or down 15+ and the last 2 minutes can take 20 with all the freakin whistles sometimes.

Last edited:
I've umpired a lot of baseball at all levels with more on the docket in the near future. Every call, to me, stands on its own, no matter the situation. There is no "situation", only the play to judge.

Consistency is right up there after accuracy. If you're not being consistent, and suddenly at a critical time in the game you call something that you've been letting go, it makes people wonder.

Consistency is right up there after accuracy. If you're not being consistent, and suddenly at a critical time in the game you call something that you've been letting go, it makes people wonder.

true. But were there other times in the game that there was holding and they didn't call it? I remember one PI against Bradberry that wasn't called but that's about it.

Personally, I think they should call the game the same in the last 2 minutes as they do in the first 2 minutes - unless we're talking about my daughter's 6th grade basketball games. They've been up or down 15+ and the last 2 minutes can take 20 with all the freakin whistles sometimes.

no, that's cause there's so many transgender kids in the games these days

Back