Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hockenson Sore Thumb

Who gives shit nothing to gain from him playing the last 4 games anyway what?s the point

Trade the slightly above average TE before he wants to get paid like an elite based on where we drafted him. Get him outta here!

Last edited:
the headline on ESPN..."Star Lions TE out for season"

Star??? :lmao:

He has definitely been a disappointment this year. I just checked and his 5th year option will be less then 10mil. Do they lions pick that up this year now that they are guaranteed? At that cost I probably would because at the bare minimum he has been a solid TE, but if he doesn?t make the jump to elite soon I would be hesitant to commit to him long term.

He has definitely been a disappointment this year. I just checked and his 5th year option will be less then 10mil. Do they lions pick that up this year now that they are guaranteed? At that cost I probably would because at the bare minimum he has been a solid TE, but if he doesn?t make the jump to elite soon I would be hesitant to commit to him long term.

I wouldn't say he's been a disappointment. I think it's the effects of not having any other weapons in the passing game. Hock just isn't the receiving threat that a Kelse or Waller is. He isn't going to be a 1,400 yard/season threat. He's a 900 yard, 8 TD TE that is also an above average blocker. He doesn't have the athleticism that the top tier TE's do.

The Rams put Jalen Ramsey on Hockinson in clear passing situations. What other TE gets man coverage from Jalen Ramsey?? He's constantly double teamed.

Look at KC. Kelse almost never gets doubled and certainly doesn't see the other teams best CB in coverage.....because they have Tyreek Hill. They have Hardman. They have other weapons that pose a threat.

Detroit doesn't.

He also is catching passes from Jared fucking Goff. Not Mahomes, or Carr or even Jimmy G.

That's my take on it.

Last edited:
Trade the slightly above average TE before he wants to get paid like an elite based on where we drafted him. Get him outta here!

I'd agree with that. I like TJ.....but if he want's to be paid like a Kelse/Kittle/Waller you let him walk. He's not that guy.

Last edited:
I'd agree with that. I like TJ.....but if he want's to be paid like a Kelse/Kittle/Waller you let him walk. He's not that guy.

Some of the catch and runs kittle has made the last couple weeks.... I've never seen hock do that.

Decker, Ragnow, Sewell, Hock, Goff...am I missing other 1st Round talent on offense?

With half the offense being 1st round picks, and likely a WR with Rams pick next year... the new OC better figure out how to max the theoretical raw talent into a Top 10 offense.

Kittle is the best TE in the league...and it probably isn't very close. His only problem is he is injury prone.

I would have to go w Kelce as the clear #1. 6 straight seasons of good health and 1000+ receiving yards.

Back