Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Maryland

@jamesbhawkins
Juwan Howard and Mark Turgeon exchanged words during timeout and teams had to be separated. Howard had to be held back by coaching staff and has been ejected.

I speculate that Howard was giving Turgidson a pranging for negotiating a raise at TAMU and then a year later leaving there for Maryland, saying ?it was the hardest decision [he] ever had to make.?

Actually, apparently someone said something. That always starts something.

Did they say “you know you’re only going to end up forfeiting every win you will ever get as the Michigan head coach, right?”

That would sure as shit pissed me right off.

It looks like I wasn’t really wrong. The “banner” reference probably refers to the two regional championship banners that had to be taken down.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a reference to a dig that this season’s regular season championship banner will also ultimately be taken down.

God I’m smart. I should’ve been an investigative journalist. Oh wait-that’s right – I actually was for a little while back in once upon a time.

Last edited:
It looks like I wasn?t really wrong. The ?banner? reference probably refers to the two regional championship banners that had to be taken down.

EDIT: Or maybe it was a reference to a dig that this season?s regular season championship banner will also ultimately be taken down.

God I?m smart. I should?ve been an investigative journalist. Oh wait-that?s right ? I actually was for a little while back in once upon a time.

Fuck me if I?m not a genius.

@_ZachShaw
Juwan Howard says Turgeon was yelling at him for being out of the coaching box. Howard took issue to it, then Turgeon said "don't talk to me! Don't ever talk to me!" then lunged at Howard. Howard, raised by his grandmother and Chicago, says he got defensive and took offense to it

So Turgeon thinks he can yell at Juwan and tell him what to do during a game, but Juwan can never talk to him? Fuck off, twat.

@_ZachShaw
Juwan Howard says Turgeon was yelling at him for being out of the coaching box. Howard took issue to it, then Turgeon said "don't talk to me! Don't ever talk to me!" then lunged at Howard. Howard, raised by his grandmother and Chicago, says he got defensive and took offense to it

So Turgeon thinks he can yell at Juwan and tell him what to do during a game, but Juwan can never talk to him? Fuck off, twat.

Dude, see my link in post #84.

That?s what the whole thing is about.

@_ZachShaw

Turgeon sounds like a little bitch

looks like our next opponent will be OSU, unless someone let's purdue know their game started

Just posting what is being said. Banner thing is unconfirmed. As of now, only admitting to the coaching box argument. That's why I posted Shaw's tweet.

Mark Turgeon confirmed that somebody is claiming that somebody said something about the banner.

The only think keeping Michigan from flying those banners is Michigan, right?

So
Livers and Hunter had 6 combined points and we won by 13 Can't wait to watch Smith, Wagner and the Benches performance !

Wasn't able to watch the game, but 15 assists and zero turnovers is something I've never seen done before. Hell of a game for Smith

Trying to watch Livers mostly on the dvr of the Maryland game. He looks like he’s is moving ok. Maybe a tad slow. But he pulled down a few rebounds. When we were up 51-42 and had the ball he had a wide open 3 that just hit the front part of the rim. It was just a tad short.

word is that Livers has a stress fracture in his foot and is done for the year

Last edited:
I?m pretty sure the NCAA vacated those championships, every win for a few seasons was forced to be forfeited.

I think Michigan self imposed their removal and there was some discussion about if they wanted to put them back up a while back that seemed to imply they could.

I think Michigan self imposed their removal and there was some discussion about if they wanted to put them back up a while back that seemed to imply they could.

I suppose Crisler maintenance could hang anything it wanted to.

If the NCAA itself vacated the Regional Championship wins, hanging a banner whose victory had been stripped by the NCAA itself would seem a bit cheeky, don?t you think?

Back