Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Minnesota

I think Zeb is struggling from being the man in high school to being a bench player in college. You are right unless he works his butt off he still may see the bench next year.

Huge fucking win. Could have been 40 if we kept starters in

Hunter 28
Livers 14
Wagner 12
Two guys with 7
Lots of other points.

What a amazing job Howard has done after losing Simpson and Teske.

after that little jump hook that Hunter made. Hunter is pointing to the the bench. Hunter is a sponge taking in all they are Teaching the staff is giving them.

Last edited:
Funny rcmb seems to think Howard isn't a good HC and martelli is the one to credit for all the success. Idiots.

Funny rcmb seems to think Howard isn't a good HC and martelli is the one to credit for all the success. Idiots.

Yeah some pretty funny stuff. First time I have not been on that site in years.

Last edited:
Just a great team win. That 2nd half might have been the best half of basketball I've seen a Michigan team play together in a long long time.

I thought I was too old to become a fanboy of a college athlete anymore, but Dickinson qualifies at this point.

If we could just get Zeb to buy in. He looks like he could be a really decent passer if he wanted to.

Just a great team win. That 2nd half might have been the best half of basketball I've seen a Michigan team play together in a long long time.

I thought I was too old to become a fanboy of a college athlete anymore, but Dickinson qualifies at this point.

He looks like the actor who plays Ray Donovan.

You?re entitled to your man crush.

when we're solid, they always struggle to find something negative to say.

picking a great Assistant coach and working well with him is a sign of a good HC though... so they kinda lead themselves around in a circle.

I think Zeb is struggling from being the man in high school to being a bench player in college. You are right unless he works his butt off he still may see the bench next year.

Zeb wasn't the man at Montverde. He actually was the lowest ranked recruit on his that team his senior year in HS. How about pumping the brakes on expectations of a freshman PG? Many of them struggle and Zeb is barely getting game time. He's playing under 6 MPG and most of that is in meaningless garbage time. Not many players shine in those moments. They usually are trying to get certain guys a bucket, see the post entry passes to Faulds last night, or forcing shots to get one of their own.

A bit more about his senior year from UMHoops:

Rather than continuing as a big fish in a small pond at Maumee Valley Country Day, he transferred to Montverde to swim with the sharks. He played on the best prep basketball team in years, but the loaded roster led to a reduced role off the bench that didn?t highlight his strengths. Montverde started the No. 1, No. 7, No. 15, and No. 45 ranked players in the 2020 class with a handful of other top-50 prospects in future classes. Two of those players, Cade Cunningham and Scottie Barnes, are nominated for the Bob Cousy Award for the best point guard in college basketball this season. Jackson was in a constant fight to get on the floor, and even when he did he was often forced to play off the ball.

In the end, Jackson averaged 5.7 points and 1.8 assists in 14 minutes per game while his squad marched to a perfect record. That lackluster senior year tamped down expectations for Jackson at Michigan, but he?s still a top-100 recruit at a position of need.

Zeb wasn't the man at Montverde. He actually was the lowest ranked recruit on his that team his senior year in HS. How about pumping the brakes on expectations of a freshman PG? Many of them struggle and Zeb is barely getting game time. He's playing under 6 MPG and most of that is in meaningless garbage time. Not many players shine in those moments. They usually are trying to get certain guys a bucket, see the post entry passes to Faulds last night, or forcing shots to get one of their own.

A bit more about his senior year from UMHoops:

Rather than continuing as a big fish in a small pond at Maumee Valley Country Day, he transferred to Montverde to swim with the sharks. He played on the best prep basketball team in years, but the loaded roster led to a reduced role off the bench that didn?t highlight his strengths. Montverde started the No. 1, No. 7, No. 15, and No. 45 ranked players in the 2020 class with a handful of other top-50 prospects in future classes. Two of those players, Cade Cunningham and Scottie Barnes, are nominated for the Bob Cousy Award for the best point guard in college basketball this season. Jackson was in a constant fight to get on the floor, and even when he did he was often forced to play off the ball.

In the end, Jackson averaged 5.7 points and 1.8 assists in 14 minutes per game while his squad marched to a perfect record. That lackluster senior year tamped down expectations for Jackson at Michigan, but he?s still a top-100 recruit at a position of need.

Thanks for the update.
I just saw his YouTube highlights and his ranking and he looked pretty good to me. Guess they still wanted him even after a lackluster senior season. Guess he wanted to win over being a stater so that is something. His highlights looked so good. He looks a tad lost in the big ten so far but like you said it is just garbage time. Watching Hunter I just want more contributions from the other freshman. Who knows Hunter may go pro now that he is blowing up. Hope not but you never know.

Thanks for the update.
I just saw his YouTube highlights and his ranking and he looked pretty good to me. Guess they still wanted him even after a lackluster senior season. Guess he wanted to win over being a stater so that is something. His highlights looked so good. He looks a tad lost in the big ten so far but like you said it is just garbage time. Watching Hunter I just want more contributions from the other freshman. Who knows Hunter may go pro now that he is blowing up. Hope not but you never know.

Hunter was ranked way ahead of our other freshmen for good reason. He was the big fish in the class and he's working out even better than we could have hoped.

Hunter - 43rd
Zeb - 94
Williams - 99
Jace - 386

Back