Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Purdue Fort Wayne

Is Bates going to play doe Emu ? I do not see him in the box tonight against Wayne State.
We have had issues with Emu before.

I know I remember it brick after brick being thrown up at the hoop.

From Brendan Quinn:

Emoni Bates did not dress/play in Eastern Michigan's season opener tonight vs Wayne State. Reason, per the program: Coach's Decision

Am told Bates will be available and in the lineup for EMU vs Michigan on Friday in Detroit

isn't he still facing criminal charges?

Reached a plea deal in October:

Eastern Michigan forward Emoni Bates reached a plea agreement that will see felony charges against him dropped and allow him to rejoin the Eagles' basketball program.

Steve Haney, Bates' attorney, told ESPN's Jeff Borzello and Pete Thamel on Thursday that Bates will plead guilty to a misdemeanor count of attempted illegal transportation of a weapon, which can also be dismissed if he completes a diversion program.

I haven't really followed the case that closely... was there any hint of discipline from EMU, or is the staff just like "beat these charges so you can get back on the court ASAP"?

I haven't really followed the case that closely... was there any hint of discipline from EMU, or is the staff just like "beat these charges so you can get back on the court ASAP"?

Nailed it with the ASAP comment. They returned him to practice right away after receiving notification that there was an agreement between the Washtenaw County Prosecutor?s Office and Bates? attorneys to discard the felony charges.

Back