Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Seton Hall

I realize rankings are misleading but it is out there

I felt shots were not good and we didn?t push against SH defense well

Fuck!

Sucks. Knew there would be some bumps. Need some of the younger guys to get comfortable. Johns is a liability. He refuses to shoot open 3s, so he doesn't offer true spacing. He's ok on defense and the glass, but feels like a net negative. Need more of Williams, Moussa, and Bufkin off the bench.

This

3 for 15 from three, and 12 turnovers. That is where the game was lost, and for some reason Michigan was called for 18 fouls to 12 for seton hall. Some ticky tack bullshit being called out there and 7 out of 10 times that Jones foul is called a charge. Again the freshmen and John?s jr just disappeared. Also Howard sat Jones way to long after his mistake. Offense struggled a tad with him out.

Again end of half and game plays Howard seems to struggle. Brooks took way to long to decide what he wanted to do and when he did it was almost to late.

We were freaking 10-12 from the ft line but when we needed it Williams wasn?t even close on the first one.

Last edited:
3 for 15 from three, and 12 turnovers. That is where the game was lost, and for some reason Michigan was called for 18 fouls to 12 for seton hall. Some ticky tack bullshit being called out there and 7 out of 10 times that Jones foul is called a charge. Again the freshmen and John?s jr just disappeared. Also Howard sat Jones way to long after his mistake. Offense struggled a tad with him out.

Again end of half and game plays Howard seems to struggle. Brooks took way to long to decide what he wanted to do and when he did it was almost to late.

We were freaking 10-12 from the ft line but when we needed it Williams wasn?t even close on the first one.

It?s that freaking five-year contract extension they offered to Juwan.

Made him soft just like Jimmy.

If Michigan loses Friday in Las Vegas, they should fire Howard that night.

Fire him to teach him a lesson. But re-hire him for the next game.

If he loses again, then fire him for good.

Positives from this loss include:

1. It is early in the season. An early loss for a young team helps reinforce coaching and focus by removing cockiness and individuality. Well, that's the hope anyway.
2. They did well from the FT line.
3. The loss likely will not impact their place regarding B1G Championships or March seedings.
4. Do not have added pressure to try and be the first undefeated team since '76. Monkey off backs helps in March, IMO.

Did the kids finally get a taste of what a man's game requires? I did not watch.

Did the kids finally get a taste of what a man's game requires? I did not watch.

They did and so did Johns. Good game to learn from. Seton Hall is one of the best defensive teams in the country and may very well give Villanova a run for the Big East title.

Sucks to lose, but this team was never going to go undefeated. We struggled in games against Oakland and Penn State last year. Got the W in both, but neither one of those teams was anywhere near what Seton Hall is this year. Just takes time for new pieces to gel.

Johns might need a full time sports psychologist at this point. Not sure if any coach will ever be able to solve his mental issues that lead to so much hesitancy in games. It looked like that happened during March Madness last year, but I'm starting to think Johns played better because he no longer had to look over his shoulder. Livers was injured and we had to roll with Johns. Now he's in his own head again because of Diabate and Williams coming for his minutes.

Have the bus tickets ready. Clearly he's not the man for the position. Way too nice. We need a guy like Bobby Knight to motivate this young team. I can't believe that Howard didn't fling a few chairs in the seats. Does he really care about winning? He needs to teach these kids about the demands of the real world. And if the kids whither, find new kids who don't.

The line drills will continue until morale improves.

They did and so did Johns. Good game to learn from. Seton Hall is one of the best defensive teams in the country and may very well give Villanova a run for the Big East title.

Sucks to lose, but this team was never going to go undefeated. We struggled in games against Oakland and Penn State last year. Got the W in both, but neither one of those teams was anywhere near what Seton Hall is this year. Just takes time for new pieces to gel.

Johns might need a full time sports psychologist at this point. Not sure if any coach will ever be able to solve his mental issues that lead to so much hesitancy in games. It looked like that happened during March Madness last year, but I'm starting to think Johns played better because he no longer had to look over his shoulder. Livers was injured and we had to roll with Johns. Now he's in his own head again because of Diabate and Williams coming for his minutes.

Thanks for that recap. I was surprised to learn that the loss-margin was a mere two points.

Thanks for that recap. I was surprised to learn that the loss-margin was a mere two points.

I checked gamecast just to see is down 1 with the ball, and less than 30 seconds left.

then when I clicked refresh, saw Brooks missed a floater for the lead, and like 0:17 remaining. could have gone either way.

I checked gamecast just to see is down 1 with the ball, and less than 30 seconds left.

then when I clicked refresh, saw Brooks missed a floater for the lead, and like 0:17 remaining. could have gone either way.

Dickinson only had one shot in the final 13 minutes of the game. That was after grabbing Johns's miss with about 1 minute to go. Hunter got fouled and knocked down the FTs.

Credit to Seton Hall for doing a good job defensively of taking him away, but our guys have to be smarter and find ways to get him the ball. No way he should go that long in a tight game with no shots.

Have the bus tickets ready. Clearly he's not the man for the position. Way too nice. We need a guy like Bobby Knight to motivate this young team. I can't believe that Howard didn't fling a few chairs in the seats. Does he really care about winning? He needs to teach these kids about the demands of the real world. And if the kids whither, find new kids who don't.

The line drills will continue until morale improves.

Considering Knight is the last coach to lead an undefeated champion...

Considering Knight is the last coach to lead an undefeated champion...

That team was an outlier. Michigan nearly won in Bloomington for the want of Steve Grote missing two critical free throws well inside the final minute, and a wild IU toss of the ball to the basket by Kent Benson that was tipped in in the final seconds to force overtime.

Wish the freshmen would start playing better. Is Zeb Jackson still on the team ?

Last edited:
Back