Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

How can we blame Republicans for this?

Spartanmack

Is the question Lori Lightfoot is asking herself and probably asking her advisors at the moment. Holy crap 55 Chicago public schools report 0 students proficient in Math or Reading! 22 schools reported 0 students could read at grade level and 33 reported 0 students could perform math at grade level. It seems like you'd have to intentionally try to fail to put up numbers like that.

Before anyone whines about how we underfund education, the state and federal government have been pumping billions into education in Chicago and these are the results. Clearly, we need stronger unions to push harder for longer lockdowns, less transparency and letting dudes use the girls bathrooms.

Last edited:
I guess you can't blame Republicans for this. You got... uh... us? Good for you. pat yourself on the back.

Some NGO run by a bunch of rich bankers and what not in Wilmette released a report saying this, and the push to defund public schools so we can hand all that public money to investor run charters and other for-profit entities is not like a well-known force or anything, so I'm sure a bunch of rich-white Republicans in the North Shore are just really concerned about poor black and hispanic kids in the South and West sides of Chicago and only want the best for them.

If there's one thing I know about America, having grown up and lived in big cities, it's that the white people in the suburbs really understand what it's like to live in the ghettos of the cities that they avoid and have basically walled off.

Teacher's unions have already donated over $2.3M to another mayoral candidate. He's an ex teacher, so I'm sure he'll fix the problems at the schools. That, or push for teachers getting raises even though they aren't doing their jobs.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/chic...es-put-over-2-3m-in-brandon-johnson-campaign/

That's a little disengenuous to claim it's all about money. Which, really even if it was, why aren't teachers (or other unions) allowed to push for wage increases? why is it bad when they do it, but not when, say a white collar worker or executive refuses to work without a pay increase or other perks or benefits?

they've been striking and fighting for other things that benefit students, like smaller class sizes, and expanded special ed programs for kids that can not learn with the rest of the students for whatever reason.

Chicago's always a fun example to hold up, because the Democrats/machine who run the city are extremely Conservative - even if they take union money - especially on economic issues, and love to fuck over the union rank and file (particularly teachers), but also on race, and policing. And yet you have national commentary holding it up as like this paragon of failed Leftist policies.

If there's one thing I know about America, having grown up and lived in big cities, it's that the white people in the suburbs really understand what it's like to live in the ghettos of the cities that they avoid and have basically walled off.

so I assume that when you lived in Chicago, you chose to live in the "ghetto" so you could understand how the poor live? Same when you moved to Houston? Or did you move to a lily white neighborhood so your kids could go to good schools?

I guess you can't blame Republicans for this. You got... uh... us? Good for you. pat yourself on the back.

Some NGO run by a bunch of rich bankers and what not in Wilmette released a report saying this, and the push to defund public schools so we can hand all that public money to investor run charters and other for-profit entities is not like a well-known force or anything, so I'm sure a bunch of rich-white Republicans in the North Shore are just really concerned about poor black and hispanic kids in the South and West sides of Chicago and only want the best for them.

Are you disputing the data? Is it not true that 55 schools in Chicago have 0 students proficient in math or reading? Or are you just trying to impugn the source (the actual source of the data is the Illinois Department of Education, which is run by your team exclusively) and make it about race so you don't have argue the facts and defend the indefensible performance of the failed system your team has created? Blame anyone except the people in charge because they wear the same jersey as you. That's worked really well for you, well it's worked really well for the people who run the unions and overpaid school administrators.

What about all the rich white Democrats that have run Chicago (Daleys) and Illinois for decades? Are you the only white person in America that cares about poor black and hispanic kids? If so, why is your solution to always to do more of the same nonsense (throw more money at the problem and give more power to the unions) that has led to this in the first place? Maybe the problem is actually dumbass, racist white leftists like you...

Last edited:
so I assume that when you lived in Chicago, you chose to live in the "ghetto" so you could understand how the poor live? Same when you moved to Houston? Or did you move to a lily white neighborhood so your kids could go to good schools?

right, you can't criticise a system or organization unless you completely disavow it and live outside...

You could say maybe it's not smart, but it's honest at least...

I lived in a pretty mixed working class neighborhoods in Chicago. when I had more money, I moved to a trendier neighborhood, but it was mixed economically and racially... I saw more non-white people on my morning walk to the train that you probably see in a year.

Doesn't mean I'm right, just that you're wrong.

The neighborhood schools had improved, such that they were decent-ish. The high schools and middle schools? not really. But there's a lot going on there, and education policy wasn't entirely responsible for it.

he lived in a rough neighborhood on the north side where he once got his snow shovel stolen because he left it outside. That's probably when he decided to get a gun for protection - once his snow shovel disappeared he noticed all the working class people of color and realized he needed to arm himself to protect his family, and gardening tools. The north side can be rough, especially as you get closer to Skokie and Evanston.

Last edited:
right, you can't criticise a system or organization unless you completely disavow it and live outside...

You could say maybe it's not smart, but it's honest at least...

I lived in a pretty mixed working class neighborhoods in Chicago. when I had more money, I moved to a trendier neighborhood, but it was mixed economically and racially... I saw more non-white people on my morning walk to the train that you probably see in a year.

Doesn't mean I'm right, just that you're wrong.

The neighborhood schools had improved, such that they were decent-ish. The high schools and middle schools? not really. But there's a lot going on there, and education policy wasn't entirely responsible for it.

you're not criticizing the system, you're doubling down on stupid - again. You're neither smart nor honest about any of this and where you lived doesn't in anyone mean anyone else is wrong. You're not "the resistance" or "speaking truth to power" or whatever it is you say to glorify yourselves. You're going along with the power and the money. You're not remotely anti-establishment or fighting the man. You're a fully bought-in institutional lacky - and a billionaire bootlicker.

Last edited:

I realize now that you're the guy in this meme

you're not criticizing the system, you're doubling down on stupid - again. You're neither smart nor honest about any of this and where you lived doesn't in anyone mean anyone else is wrong. You're not "the resistance" or "speaking truth to power" or whatever it is you say to glorify yourselves. You're going along with the power and the money. You're not remotely anti-establishment or fighting the man. You're a fully bought-in institutional lacky - and a billionaire bootlicker.

gee... you should get help. You seem a little agitated today. forget to take your meds?

And you?re the idiot posting about Apple not paying taxes after they paid $19.3B in ?22 up from $14.5B in ?21 up from $10B in ?20 - from your iPhone built by slave labor. You can see the data summarized right here. You?re a liar and a hypocrite.

Last edited:
gee... you should get help. You seem a little agitated today. forget to take your meds?

You wish. I?m as calm as can be, simply pointing out what you know is true but don?t want to believe so you respond with ad hominem.

That's a little disengenuous to claim it's all about money. Which, really even if it was, why aren't teachers (or other unions) allowed to push for wage increases? why is it bad when they do it, but not when, say a white collar worker or executive refuses to work without a pay increase or other perks or benefits?

they've been striking and fighting for other things that benefit students, like smaller class sizes, and expanded special ed programs for kids that can not learn with the rest of the students for whatever reason.

It's not all about money. It's about money, power and accountability. The reason the union is "donating" money to preferred candidates is for more money, more power and less accountability. They're never striking for things that benefit students. The strikes are ALWAYS about money and ceding more power to the unions. The union (and probably a lot of teachers) despises students almost as much as they despise parents.

Chicago's always a fun example to hold up, because the Democrats/machine who run the city are extremely Conservative - even if they take union money - especially on economic issues, and love to fuck over the union rank and file (particularly teachers), but also on race, and policing. And yet you have national commentary holding it up as like this paragon of failed Leftist policies.

This is hilarious - the Democrats that run Chicago are not only conservative but EXTREMELY conservative and that's what's destroying public education in Chicago. No one would describe Lori Lightfoot as anything less than an extreme leftist and she siezed power from the right wing MAGA Democrats (LOLOLOL) that used to run Chicago back in 2018 and the schools have only gotten worse. And what about every other urban school district in America that is failing? Are they also run by extreme right wing Democrats? It's hard to believe you could even make up something so stupid, let alone think people will believe it.

Last edited:
Looks like the former CEO of Chicago Public Schools, Paul Vallas is failing up. After running the city's schools into the ground, voters reward him by voting him into first place in the first round of elections for Mayor of the City of Chicago, knocking extremely conservative MAGA Dem, Lori Lightfoot out of the race. He will face extremely conservative MAGA Dem Cook County Commissioner in a runoff election early next month.

I wonder if he'll become an extremely conservative MAGA Dem like all the previous Dems that have run Chicago. Hopefully, he won't and will instead finally enact some of the highly effective leftist reforms that extremely conservative MAGA Dem Lori Lightfoot and others have already done (like defunding police, eliminating racist cash bail and decriminalizing crime) that have been so effective in Chicago and other major metropolitan areas. From what I'm told by Chicago political expert MC, he may have to become an extremely conservative MAGA Dem in order to get elected in Chicago.

Last edited:
Back