Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Howard in "non physical" confrontation with team S&C coach

Michchamp

Not looking good for Juwan... maybe this was nothing? or maybe this guy was out of line, but this keeps happening to him. link.

the similarities end there. I mean to say Juwan has been in a couple fights... but

Will Smith got in one little fight

and his mama got scared

She said "you're movin to your auntie

and your uncle in Bellaire."

The similarities don't end there and that wasn't Will Smith's only fight. Remember the Oscars where he tried to get into a slap fight with Chris Rock much like the slap fight Juwan Howard tried to get into with an opposing coach in a handshake line...

The similarities don't end there and that wasn't Will Smith's only fight. Remember the Oscars where he tried to get into a slap fight with Chris Rock much like the slap fight Juwan Howard tried to get into with an opposing coach in a handshake line...

Whoosh.

Not a whole lot of details there. Not even confirmation that there was a "confrontation." Is reporting on a rumor newsworthy? EDIT: apparently the Detroit News has confirmation of a heated verbal exchange. No one knows why or what. I can't imagine being a member of the sports division of a publication like the News or Freep. You are either carrying water for a team or looking for stupid things like this to escalate and make last much longer than they should.

Last edited:
More details are starting to trickle out about the alleged confrontation between Michigan head coach Juwan Howard and the program?s strength and conditioning coach, Jon Sanderson.

The Athletic reported Wednesday that Sanderson filed an HR complaint against Howard stemming from the incident last week, and that the issue began over an apparent disagreement between a team trainer and Howard?s son Jace, a 22-year-old senior guard on the team who has missed this whole season so far with leg injuries.

I read that Jace yelled at a trainer and Sanderson heard it and and said Something to the effect that that is the problem with this culture under Howard. Then they got face to face. With Howard?s heart issues and the way the team is underperforming under Howard it?s my opinion they should move on and hire a new coach.

Last edited:
I think Howard has coached his last season at Michigan.

The off-the-court issues & favoritism with his own kids are bad enough. and then despite all the talent, they're not really competitive.

Couple of quotes from Santa Ono. Article is paywalled so I can't access the whole thing:

?Oftentimes, what comes out as rumors, are not at the end of the investigation actually true. So, it?s important for people to wait until that internal investigation concludes,? Ono said.

"Once again, I say very clearly that due process matters, I have said that on many occasions. And I think it matters here. It's important for the media and for the public to not jump to conclusions just because there is a rumor out there on social media.?

Article link in case anyone has a Detroit News subscription

Couple of quotes from Santa Ono. Article is paywalled so I can't access the whole thing:

?Oftentimes, what comes out as rumors, are not at the end of the investigation actually true. So, it?s important for people to wait until that internal investigation concludes,? Ono said.

"Once again, I say very clearly that due process matters, I have said that on many occasions. And I think it matters here. It's important for the media and for the public to not jump to conclusions just because there is a rumor out there on social media.?

Article link in case anyone has a Detroit News subscription

sounds like he has a standard response when one of his high profile coaches, with the initials JH, gets into hot water ;)

Last edited:
Back