Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I see where this is going!

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
We will win the North, end up on the outside of a bye, and get Seattle at home for a huge revenge game before having to travel to SF or Philly. I don't know why, but this scenario seems (to me) like there's no possibility of it not happening.

We will win the North, end up on the outside of a bye, and get Seattle at home for a huge revenge game before having to travel to SF or Philly. I don't know why, but this scenario seems (to me) like there's no possibility of it not happening.

We lose in SF or Philly......but if I got to choose i'd take SF 100/100 times in January.

I want no part of going to fucking Philly.

Lions Seattle 3 vs 6 I could see unless Dallas falters enough for 6th seed and Seattle 5th seed facing NFC South winner

But let's just start by beating Tampa. Good road test against NFC South leader. Solid defense and Baker playing well. Mike Evans/Godwin alot like Metcalf/Lockett.

Long season to go still. 5 games means nothing and I know Campbell would say the same thing.

Lions better figure it out and stay healthy

These tougher games will be a the big litmus test

Sure Lions can get to 9 wins now just by winning all division games. And 11 wins by all division gamesplus Raiders/Broncos in Detroit. But of course don't sleep on anyone

At Tampa, At Baltimore, at Chargers, at Saints, at Cowboys are all good tests on the road. And the Packers are going to play extra hard on Thanksgiving. And the Vikings/Bears are annoying enough

Next two weeks are nice road tests to see what this team is made of. Especially now that the Lions are dealing with injuries (St Brown, Gibbs, Moseley perma out means no depth, CGJ, Branch, Paschal, James Houston)

Last edited:
Last edited:
As long as it's not a home game vs the Rams, I don't care who it is.

We lose in SF or Philly......but if I got to choose i'd take SF 100/100 times in January.

I want no part of going to fucking Philly.

Id play phi over sf right now. Phillys offense is pretty one dimensional and knock on wood we've been pretty solid against the run. They are still figuring out a new offense so it's possible they get better... and phi probably has the more explosive guys on the outside. But SF... you just feel like they can out scheme anyone right now.

Id play phi over sf right now. Phillys offense is pretty one dimensional and knock on wood we've been pretty solid against the run. They are still figuring out a new offense so it's possible they get better... and phi probably has the more explosive guys on the outside. But SF... you just feel like they can out scheme anyone right now.

I think we match up better against SF (when healthy). Trent Williams is a HOF'er....but the rest of that OL isn't very good. I think we give CMC problems and make them throw the ball.

At that point, its all about us getting pressure. I have yet to see a SF game where Purdy faces much pressure.

I think with Philly's OL and skill position talent....in Philly......in January....it would be an absolute nightmare for us.

I think we lose both games.

What I'm hoping is that we continue to get better....we add a DE before the trade deadline (hello, Brian Burns).....Philly and SF sustain some injuries to key players like we have......and one or both gets upset in an early round.

One game at a time is my approach. Each game separate from the previous or pending.

We do have the 31st ranked remaining SoS. We continue to "win the games you're supposed to" and this is going to end up one of the best teams weve seen record wise during our lifetimes. Stay healthy!

We do have the 31st ranked remaining SoS. We continue to "win the games you're supposed to" and this is going to end up one of the best teams weve seen record wise during our lifetimes. Stay healthy!

I hope say.

1991 12-4 record will be tough to top. Though this team should be better and be better longer in consecutive seasons

Back