Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Indiana Goin' Down

wlvrnstlr4life

Cant match the athleticism of Syracuse. Also, not getting the calls inside. Zeller getting banged around and not getting fouls called, while on the other end if anyone gets near a cuse player, there is a foul called.

I remember rooting for Indiana in the Final Four back when I was in high school when Steve Alford was key player.

I was way out in the outback, visiting and hanging out with my booney relatives in Merril MI (rural Merrill-when you say "rural Merrill" both rhyme with squirrell) and we all got up and high fived each other for the Big 10 (wasn't the B1G back then) when Alford hit a big shot in the semi finals on Saturday to win it.

Oh, how much simpler life was back in the 70's.

They should make a TV show about it.

I remember rooting for Indiana in the Final Four back when I was in high school when Steve Alford was key player.

I was way out in the outback, visiting and hanging out with my booney relatives in Merril MI (rural Merrill-when you say "rural Merrill" both rhyme with squirrell) and we all got up and high fived each other for the Big 10 (wasn't the B1G back then) when Alford hit a big shot in the semi finals on Saturday to win it.

Oh, how much simpler life was back in the 70's.

They should make a TV show about it.

Uh tinsel, Alford played in the 80's.

M-IU, Jan, 1976. I was sitting directly behind Bobby Knight. I mean he was the person in front of me. He was wearing this red plaid jacket. IU was up 15-2 at one point and M came back but lost by six. Anyway, I was chirping at him the whole game, about his jacket, his team (especially when M was closing the gap), his players--man they were good--just good-natured stuff. Nothing malicious. Late in the game, Tom Abernathy tried to work the ball inside and Rickey Green streaked in from the weak side and knocked it OB and Bobby erupted: "GAHDAMMINT TOMMY!" After he sat down, I said: "Calm down, Bobby, it's all right, you still have the ball." He turned slightly. "Fuck off," he replied.

Last edited:
Uh tinsel, Alford played in the 80's.

See?

It was all that much simpler already.

They could have a TV show about the 80s too, although I'm not sure it would take off as much as my show about the 70s would.

Maybe I should get to work on that.

See?

It was all that much simpler already.

They could have a TV show about the 80s too, although I'm not sure it would take off as much as my show about the 70s would.

Maybe I should get to work on that.

Hal. ha...

Man, I'm hopin' it ain't Arisept time already...

I the late 60's my mom wrote me notes to take to the corner store and get cigarettes for her..Heck i didn't know they were bad...I was 7 or 8.. But i did always have extra for a pack or two of baseball cards...Easier times it seems.. spending hours collecting turtles..or inter-tubing down a river..Didn't have to worry about being kidnapped.

Last edited:
I remember blowing every last quarter I had on Ms. Pacman and Robotron at 7-11. I fucking sucked at those damn games. All the burrnouts were the high score holders. They'd smoke a joint in the back of the store, come back, and sit there all day trying to get another high score. I was fucking amazed to say the least, cuz my games were over in less than 5 minutes.

Wow, well my brackets are all toast now because I picked IU. On the other hand, Michigan will have a much easier time with Syracuse or Marquette if they can squeek by Kansas and Florida (Gulf Coast).

I the late 60's my mom wrote me notes to take to the corner store and get cigarettes for her..Heck i didn't know they were bad...I was 7 or 8.. But i did always have extra for a pack or two of baseball cards...Easier times it seems.. spending hours collecting turtles..or inter-tubing down a river..Didn't have to worry about being kidnapped.

Alpine Menthols. They were the cigarettes I bought for my mom.

M-IU, Jan, 1976. I was sitting directly behind Bobby Knight. I mean he was the person in front of me. He was wearing this red plaid jacket. IU was up 15-2 at one point and M came back but lost by six. Anyway, I was chirping at him the whole game, about his jacket, his team (especially when M was closing the gap), his players--man they were good--just good-natured stuff. Nothing malicious. Late in the game, Tom Abernathy tried to work the ball inside and Rickey Green streaked in from the weak side and knocked it OB and Bobby erupted: "GAHDAMMINT TOMMY!" After he sat down, I said: "Calm down, Bobby, it's all right, you still have the ball." He turned slightly. "Fuck off," he replied.

Ah, that's a beautiful story.

LOL It was Benson and Hedges Menthol for my mom...

Something about women and menthol cigarettes. My dad smoked LS bullets and later Winstons. In JR high, I used to pilfer a Winston or two, walk a block to a viaduct/train tressel and smoke it. Either he never noticed or didn't say anything to me.

That?s nice.

Are you sure he was specially telling you to fuck off? Are you sure it wasn?t some other
Michigan arrogant asshole?

If I was confident that Bobby Knight had told me to fuck off, I would wear that as a badge of honor.

That?s nice.

I don?t know what your conversation was with byco to bring back a 2013 thread, but I have a good story about a coach. My son was about 13 and we were at a Michigan game vs State. Michigan won and as the state team was boarding the bus, my son was heckling Dantonio. Dantonio was the last to enter and as he stepped up to the top step Dantonio turned around and popped the middle finger at my son. To this day my son wears it like a badge of honor. :)

Back