Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Iowa - did anyone watch?

Spartanmack

Missed the whole game while working in the garage - probably had more fun collecting 10 or 15 splinters than any Spartan fan who watched the game.

From the box score I noticed the run game sucked again - 2.96 ypc not counting the sacks, 1.84ypc with. Lombardi completed less than 50%, had 0 TDs to go with 3 picks and still didn't get yanked until the last drive of the game - probably to preserve him for next week. On the season, he has 6 TDs and 5 picks - and 3 of those TDs were against the michigan secondary, and the other 3 were against Rutgers.

As if it couldn't get worse, I just read Lombardi's bio - he's only a junior and I think this year doesn't count so we could be watching this guy give the ball to the other team for 3 seasons.

Last edited:
I watched the first half then said screw it and did yard work instead. I’ve said I have/had zero expectations this season and the Michigan win didn’t change that. I know this team is not good and the players/staff are behind the 8 ball. However, being absolutely uninspired and unprepared in both losses (both embarrassing for different reasons) is unacceptable regardless of what challenges they have.

Also, bet the farm on Indiana this weekend. I don’t get how they’re only like an 8 point favorite.

They were terrible, just snow balled, but give Iowa credit, they were ready and played really well.

Was always going to be an up and down year, let's hope we can play better than that though.

I think the new 4-2-5 defense is built to stop spread like UM and IU, a traditional power pro style offense ate it up, it's a learning process.

Compete this week and even with a loss it's good enough for this weird season.

I commend any Spartan fans who watched the entire MSU-Iowa game for their fortitude.

I commend any Spartan fans who watched the entire MSU-Iowa game for their fortitude.

I commend Nash for making it through the first half. With all the work I have on my plate for the new house, I think installing the TV antenna will be at the bottom of the list, right after signing up for a streaming service with ESPN and BTN. That should provide reasonable cover for why I’m not watching games from start to finish. That will cost me the first few weeks of basketball but that will probably be a sacrifice worth making.

Last edited:
Back