Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jamie Collins

Upgrade LB big time check
Solid nt check
Solid 3 tech added check
Third safety check
Slot wr check
Backup qb check
Muhlbach check
Rt for run game big check

Draft for cb2, de, guard

Stafford, Marvin, Hand, Kerryon, Scarborough, Hockensen, Slay,Walker,Davis with some health this time

I'm going to give Patricia and Quinn a little bit of credit here, for what little it may be worth....

One of the things I have always admired about Belichick is that he never drafts a player that doesn't fit his system, and he never signs a player that doesn't fit his system. He's never a square peg in a round hole guy.

WELL.... Quinn and Patricia both came from that system, and they are trying to replicate it in Detroit. By bringing in every Patriots player they can, at least they are bringing in guys that fit the system.. guys who have already played in it.

I'm still not convinced they can do it. I have seen nothing that gives me confidence in either of them yet. But, they aren't fitting square pegs in round holes either.

Upgrade LB big time check
Solid nt check
Solid 3 tech added check
Third safety check
Slot wr check
Backup qb check
Muhlbach check
Rt for run game big check

Draft for cb2, de, guard

Stafford, Marvin, Hand, Kerryon, Scarborough, Hockensen, Slay,Walker,Davis with some health this time

Lb - all we did was swap Jamie Collins for Kennard. Its literally the same production for more money. Still need a pass rushing Edge that will be a consistent presense.
NT- I like Shelton. And i like Wiliams as a back up or 3rd down NT. But nothing groundbreaking here. And Snacks was better than both of them. Downgrade.
3rd Safety - Harmon over Wilson. Dont see much of a difference there.
Slot - Amendola for Amendola.
Back up QB - Chase Daniel can beat the lions so he must be good.
RT - We actually dont know where he is going to play. Hes being paid like a RT but i heard he was slotted at RG last off season before the eagles injuries began to pile up. In the end im assuming it will be some combination of Crosby RT/Fat guy with weird name RG or vise versa.

Quin is definitely filling the needs. But i dont see any drastic change in quality of the product yet.

We were a 3 win team...all things equal we might be a 4 win team now?

Fowler signed...i think they should make a hard push for Clowney! We need an impact guy on that defense. Especially if they are serious about trading Slay.

Lb - all we did was swap Jamie Collins for Kennard. Its literally the same production for more money. Still need a pass rushing Edge that will be a consistent presense.
NT- I like Shelton. And i like Wiliams as a back up or 3rd down NT. But nothing groundbreaking here. And Snacks was better than both of them. Downgrade.
3rd Safety - Harmon over Wilson. Dont see much of a difference there.
Slot - Amendola for Amendola.
Back up QB - Chase Daniel can beat the lions so he must be good.
RT - We actually dont know where he is going to play. Hes being paid like a RT but i heard he was slotted at RG last off season before the eagles injuries began to pile up. In the end im assuming it will be some combination of Crosby RT/Fat guy with weird name RG or vise versa.

Quin is definitely filling the needs. But i dont see any drastic change in quality of the product yet.

We were a 3 win team...all things equal we might be a 4 win team now?

Fowler signed...i think they should make a hard push for Clowney! We need an impact guy on that defense. Especially if they are serious about trading Slay.

everything you said was spot on except for the win total. With Stafford they will be around .500

Collins is better than Kennard
Harmon is better than Wilson
Williams is better than what we got out of robinson or dsniels
Shelton is solid..snacks was solid only in 2019
Trufant added now
Vaitai at rg can be really good too..crosby at rt plus a adradt for one more lineman

Plus all the health i listed

This team is much much better

My feeling is that the Lions were in just about every game last year with a chance to win most of them even with Matt being hurt. My thoughts are to try and make the defense better this year with a lot of free agent type players. Our defense was so bad moving up a tad shouldn’t be a issue.

Upgrade on the offense and just out score teams. The Lions were close in a lot of games last year.

That is unless Young falls into the Lions lap. You draft him if he does. But if he gets picked by Washington the Lions should try to acquire more picks if possible. Then Draft the Cb out of Osu and or try and land Judy from Alabama or another offense impact player.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

Last edited:
My feeling is that the Lions were in just about every game last year with a chance to win most of them even with Matt being hurt. My thoughts are to try and make the defense better this year with a lot of free agent type players. Our defense was so bad moving up a tad shouldn?t be a issue.

Upgrade on the offense and just out score teams. The Lions were close in a lot of games last year.

That is unless Young falls into the Lions lap. You draft him if he does. But if he gets picked by Washington the Lions should try to acquire more picks if possible. Then Draft the Cb out of Osu and or try and land Judy from Alabama or another offense impact player.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/det/detroit-lions

Work in progress...but i dont really see how its better....yet.

Flowers Shelton Hand
Collins Tavaii Davis Okwara
Trufant Harris Walker Coleman

Im sure Harmon or Oruwariye comes in for Okwara on most downs. Its not a very good defense. With all the defensive signings weve had i think we still need a defense heavy draft to make this team better. All Quin has done so far is fill holes, slight upgrade at OLB, slight downgrade at DT, and downgrade at CB.

Work in progress...but i dont really see how its better....yet.

Flowers Shelton Hand
Collins Tavaii Davis Okwara
Trufant Harris Walker Coleman

Im sure Harmon or Oruwariye comes in for Okwara on most downs. Its not a very good defense. With all the defensive signings weve had i think we still need a defense heavy draft to make this team better. All Quin has done so far is fill holes, slight upgrade at OLB, slight downgrade at DT, and downgrade at CB.

Come on Hughes, its not about upgrading the talent on the team

Its about bringing in guys that buy in to Patricia

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-lions-matt-patricia-as-a-person-before-trade

Slay says he didn't respect Patricia. Okay, then be gone dude.

I don't care what kind of a player you are, if you are butting heads with the coach, you need to be gone. There is a roster full of guys that need to be onboard for things to work, and you don't need one of your best players undermining that.

One thing the military taught me was that it's better to follow a bad plan than no plan. I didn't always agree with my superiors, but I showed them respect and followed orders.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-lions-matt-patricia-as-a-person-before-trade

Slay says he didn't respect Patricia. Okay, then be gone dude.

I don't care what kind of a player you are, if you are butting heads with the coach, you need to be gone. There is a roster full of guys that need to be onboard for things to work, and you don't need one of your best players undermining that.

One thing the military taught me was that it's better to follow a bad plan than no plan. I didn't always agree with my superiors, but I showed them respect and followed orders.

The problem is, Slay might be right, and he may not be alone.

I too was in the military. Not sure I agree with your assessment that it's better to follow a bad plan than no plan. I was always of the opinion that if you have a bad plan, you change it.

Collins is a little bit of an upgrade over Kennard but Kennard wasn't the problem last season, the other linebackers were. With no upgrade over Davis, Tavai, and Jones the defense is still going to be absolutely dreadful even with an apparently improved safety group.

Back