Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jewish gay conversion therapist outed for trolling for hookups

turok

"The fact that this story and others have been brought to the public is incredibly painful but will become a catalyst for me seeking the right help for myself," Goldwasser told NBC News in an email."

"Goldwasser, who has said that being gay is/was an ailment like obsessive-compulsive disorder and claimed he could "cure" it, was found using the screen name "hotnhairy72" on Manhunt and Gay Bear Nation. His Manhunt profile, which is now deleted, included images of him naked and highlighted his interests in “dating,” “kissing,” “married men,” and “massage.”

https://www.advocate.com/conversion...m_campaign=health&utm_term=conversion therapy

Its bad enough when religious extremists attempt to injure LGBTs physically, financially, and legally, but these conversion frauds are truly beneath my contempt.

Last edited:
"The fact that this story and others have been brought to the public is incredibly painful but will become a catalyst for me seeking the right help for myself," Goldwasser told NBC News in an email."

"Goldwasser, who has said that being gay is was an ailment like obsessive-compulsive disorder and claimed he could "cure" it, was found using the screen name "hotnhairy72" on Manhunt and Gay Bear Nation. His Manhunt profile, which is now deleted, included images of him naked and highlighted his interests in ?dating,? ?kissing,? ?married men,? and ?massage.?

https://www.advocate.com/conversion...m_campaign=health&utm_term=conversion therapy

Its bad enough when religious extremists attempt to injure LGBTs physically, financially, and legally, but these conversion frauds are truly beneath my contempt.

When appointing Joseph Kennedy as the first chairman of the SEC, FDR was famously quoted for having done so because ?it takes a thief to catch a thief.?

So maybe it takes a gay guy to effectively do gay conversion therapy.

When appointing Joseph Kennedy as the first chairman of the SEC, FDR was famously quoted for having done so because ?it takes a thief to catch a thief.?

So maybe it takes a gay guy to effectively do gay conversion therapy.

I don't know offhand what the success rate is for doing conversions, but I can't imagine that it is very high.

I don't know offhand what the success rate is for doing conversions, but I can't imagine that it is very high.

It depends what you mean by "success" in that case. If you mean that they stop going out with other gay men/women or having gay sex, there might be small success rate (a rate lower than the suicide rate of those who complete the therapy). If you mean stop feeling romantic/sexual attraction towards members of the same sex, the success rate is zero. The "research" behind conversion therapy is pseudoscience at best and dogmatic fantasy at worst. The proposed mechanisms for the therapy are still based on the now debunked idea that homosexuality is a choice.

Gay conversion therapists are frauds who have abandoned real science, almost exclusively for their religious ideals. If the government wasn't already so hamstrung trying to figure out the healthcare system in this country, I'd propose those frauds be fined, jailed, and forever forbidden from practicing anything medical again.

Who knows? Maybe all of the conversion therapists are closet gays.

They probably are, but not all of those who they attempt to convert are doing so b/c they "want" to, and for those who were/are minors, it is b/c their mostly religiously conservative mothers and/or fathers have coerced, if not forced them into it.

Gay conversion therapists are frauds who have abandoned real science, almost exclusively for their religious ideals. If the government wasn't already so hamstrung trying to figure out the healthcare system in this country, I'd propose those frauds be fined, jailed, and forever forbidden from practicing anything medical again.

I know next to nothing about gay conversion therapy. There is a movie out now starring Russell Crowe about it and it’s on my Netflix list.

I tend to think the prohibitions that you would calling for would be found to be unconstitutional by the judicial system for a multiplicity of reasons, having nothing to do with the current state of the healthcare system.

Last edited:
They probably are, but not all of those who they attempt to convert are doing so b/c they "want" to, and for those who were/are minors, it is b/c their mostly religiously conservative mothers and/or fathers have coerced, if not forced them into it.

Well remember, these gay conversion therapists are not being paid by the parents to not be gay themselves-they?re being paid to make their kids not gay.

So it?s kind of irrelevant from a business perspective whether the therapists themselves are gay or not.

this is one of the more unusual thread titles in a while. I didn't know Jewish people were getting in on the "gay conversion therapy" scam.

Life's rich pageant.

this is one of the more unusual thread titles in a while. I didn't know Jewish people were getting in on the "gay conversion therapy" scam.

Life's rich pageant.

Jewish gay conversion therapy goes all the way back to Abraham and his gay son Isaac.

But Abraham didn’t mess around with any third-party therapist. He held a knife up over the kid until the kid said “OK OK dad-I’ll stop being gay!”

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot the best part. To prove to Isaac that he wasn’t fucking around Abraham got a goat and killed it in front of Isaac as a warning.

And then the PETA people got all up in Abraham’s shit.

Last edited:
Well remember, these gay conversion therapists are not being paid by the parents to not be gay themselves-they?re being paid to make their kids not gay.

So it?s kind of irrelevant from a business perspective whether the therapists themselves are gay or not.

Their parents would then be well advised to know or expect beforehand, that the odds of the therapist being generously paid is of their same religiously and sexually straight and narrow are exceedingly slim.

Their parents would then be well advised to know or expect beforehand, that the odds of the therapist being generously paid is of their same religiously and sexually straight and narrow are exceedingly slim.

I guess the parents could ask, and I would figure that the therapist would be bound by a code of ethics to answer honestly.

EDIT: Or they should feel bound anyway.

Last edited:
'
I know next to nothing about gay conversion therapy. There is a movie out now starring Russell Crowe about it and it?s on my Netflix list.

I tend to think the prohibitions that you would calling for would be found to be unconstitutional by the judicial system for a multiplicity of reasons, having nothing to do with the current state of the healthcare system.

What I got from Smile's reply was that the present (R) majority govmint can't or more likely won't solve or fix the much more larger and greater issue of full healthcare coverage for all in the US, and the politically active religious extremist portion creating "solutions" for smaller but non-existent problems, such as being an L-G-B or T should be off the table.

Just to clarify, turok is generally correct. Thought I don't blame the Republicans specifically, the government has made such a ham-fisted foray into universal healthcare that they have their hands full with bigger problems right now. Gay conversion, ultimately, affects a very small number of people. It ends up very bad for those people, but the same could be said of those with serious health problems that turn to homeopathy or naturopathy (other things that should be abolished in step 2 of getting a working healthcare system).

Also, I disagree that the kind of restrictions I want would be found unconstitutional. If I walked into a Doctor's office with a benign mole on my arm, and the Doctor decided to break all the bones in my body to "fix" that mole (and worse not even remove it), they absolutely could go to jail and very easily be fined. Whether or not the Doctor truly believed breaking all my bones would fix the problem, a court would consider such a Doctor a danger to society and potentially deranged. Further, medical licenses can be revoked permanently, in the ways that should matter keeping a person from practicing medicine in the future. Such a Doctor would easily have any license revoked.

The problem is that like many other fake medical practices, the government is so behind the ball that real regulation has never been created. And because there are so many "true believers" in office, it becomes very difficult to move against industries that are based on faith (homeopathy, naturopathy, and prayer all work the same way). But people who are selling a service that demonstrably harms people to no actual benefit should be considered criminals.

Just to clarify, turok is generally correct. Thought I don't blame the Republicans specifically, the government has made such a ham-fisted foray into universal healthcare that they have their hands full with bigger problems right now. Gay conversion, ultimately, affects a very small number of people. It ends up very bad for those people, but the same could be said of those with serious health problems that turn to homeopathy or naturopathy (other things that should be abolished in step 2 of getting a working healthcare system).

Also, I disagree that the kind of restrictions I want would be found unconstitutional. If I walked into a Doctor's office with a benign mole on my arm, and the Doctor decided to break all the bones in my body to "fix" that mole (and worse not even remove it), they absolutely could go to jail and very easily be fined. Whether or not the Doctor truly believed breaking all my bones would fix the problem, a court would consider such a Doctor a danger to society and potentially deranged. Further, medical licenses can be revoked permanently, in the ways that should matter keeping a person from practicing medicine in the future. Such a Doctor would easily have any license revoked.

The problem is that like many other fake medical practices, the government is so behind the ball that real regulation has never been created. And because there are so many "true believers" in office, it becomes very difficult to move against industries that are based on faith (homeopathy, naturopathy, and prayer all work the same way). But people who are selling a service that demonstrably harms people to no actual benefit should be considered criminals.

Well as I stated in the post number seven from the beginning, I know next to nothing about conversion therapy.

So I did a little research and I?m discovering that in fact a number of states are wanting to get it classified as abusive.

I guess there have also been instances where violence and torture were employed.

So if it is classified as abusive and torturous, then I would say there wouldn?t be any constitutional protections for that if that becomes the law.

Well as I stated in the post number seven from the beginning, I know next to nothing about conversion therapy.

So I did a little research and I?m discovering that in fact a number of states are wanting to get it classified as abusive.

I guess there have also been instances where violence and torture were employed.

So if it is classified as abusive and torturous, then I would say there wouldn?t be any constitutional protections for that if that becomes the law.

Last edited:
Back