Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lakers acquire Anthony Davis in trade

I'm curious how Balls daddy takes it I remember before he was drafting saying he only wanted to play for LA. Probably best for the kid he goes elsewhere.

Is he going to resign since he's a FA in 2020?

Davis has been angling for this trade for a while. It's the worst kept secret in the league that Davis wants a long term deal with the Lakers.

Makes the Lakers one of the favorites but James only played 55 games last season, and Davis only played 56 games. Heck Kuzma played in only played in 70 games. Maybe they can both be managed like that that Leonard who only played 60 games for Toronto? Lakers make the playoffs but get bounced. The Pelicans sure did get a haul of players!
I think Leonard May go to the clippers. Man I wish the Pistons could make some moves :/

Last edited:
Makes the Lakers one of the favorites but James only played 55 games last season, and Davis only played 56 games. Heck Kuzma played in only played in 70 games. Maybe they can both be managed like that that Leonard who only played 60 games for Toronto? Lakers make the playoffs but get bounced. The Pelicans sure did get a haul of players!
I think Leonard May go to the clippers. Man I wish the Pistons could make some moves :/
I don't know many good teams over there and even though Davis trumps the guys who left the secondary players need to be replaced somehow. I'd pick a few teams over them.

"After the trade, the Lakers will have on the roster LeBron, Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga? and that?s it. They need to add 10 players.
Los Angeles going to try and add a third star.
The Lakers will have $27.7 million available in cap space on July 1 ? that is not enough to sign Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker to max deals. Both of them have been linked to the Lakers on various levels."

10 players they need to get lucky and no 1st round pick for 4 years.

"After the trade, the Lakers will have on the roster LeBron, Davis, Kyle Kuzma, Moritz Wagner, Isaac Bonga? and that?s it. They need to add 10 players.
Los Angeles going to try and add a third star.
The Lakers will have $27.7 million available in cap space on July 1 ? that is not enough to sign Jimmy Butler or Kemba Walker to max deals. Both of them have been linked to the Lakers on various levels."

10 players they need to get lucky and no 1st round pick for 4 years.

Kemba has been rotting on that Charlotte team for some time. He might be willing to take a paltry 20 million dollar for 2 years to play with Bron and AD. Who knows?

It's crazy how the landscape of the NBA can change so quickly. One super team dies...another rises.

Kemba has been rotting on that Charlotte team for some time. He might be willing to take a paltry 20 million dollar for 2 years to play with Bron and AD. Who knows?

It's crazy how the landscape of the NBA can change so quickly. One super team dies...another rises.
I would imagine you know more about Kemba than I do. I still think there are some better teams out there. Though honestly I really hate these power teams. But that's the NBA we have these days.

Seems like a win for the Pelicans. Davis was never going to stay in New Orleans. Plus you get 3 first rounders? Granted the second two of the three are probably going to be mid to late firsts, but now you have a couple young guys plus Zion plus the 4th overall from LA this year.

Seems like a win for the Pelicans. Davis was never going to stay in New Orleans. Plus you get 3 first rounders? Granted the second two of the three are probably going to be mid to late firsts, but now you have a couple young guys plus Zion plus the 4th overall from LA this year.

I love the deal the Pelicans made. I thought they got a nice haul.

I think it worked out great for both teams. LA got the superstar they wanted and NO got some assets.

"LaVar Ball on the Lakers trading Lonzo Ball: ‘I guarantee… it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship. Guarantee it.”

Ha. Though I hope it's partially true.

"LaVar Ball on the Lakers trading Lonzo Ball: ?I guarantee? it will be the worst move the Lakers ever did in their life and they will never win another championship. Guarantee it.?

Ha. Though I hope it's partially true.

Lavar Ball is so full of shit. I hope his kid fails just because he is such an asshole.

Everybody is rotting on the Hornets. It an organization that barely misses the playoffs every year and drafts in the middle of the pack. Had a decent season in 15-16 and was eliminated in R1. Pistons have a lot in common in that regard, since that same year.

I guess everyone is laughing at the Lakers for doing the deal so early. Now they are scrambling to free up more money to get another great player. If we like Wagner as a nba player I bet we could get him for peanuts! Or any other young Laker under contract that we think are good.

I guess everyone is laughing at the Lakers for doing the deal so early. Now they are scrambling to free up more money to get another great player. If we like Wagner as a nba player I bet we could get him for peanuts! Or any other young Laker under contract that we think are good.

What would they do about all the other players they need. They'd have to go cheap, so bench will stink and if Lebron/Davis miss time which they will forgot about it. Plus in a tough western conference the Lakers are toast.

What would they do about all the other players they need. They'd have to go cheap, so bench will stink and if Lebron/Davis miss time which they will forgot about it. Plus in a tough western conference the Lakers are toast.

I agree. But all they talk about on radio shows is how Rob Pelinka and the Lakers did this deal to early, and if they would have waited they would have more money to sign a 3rd max player.
I don?t understand why but that is what they are saying. I do not think the Lakers will be as good as people think. Davis and James are a injury away from missing a bunch of time. Which both did last year. Heck Kuzma missed 12 games.

Back