Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions 2023 Opponents

Rough road schedule + one extra road game next season. I know they finished 4-4, but they?ll absolutely need to step it up if they hope to make the playoffs this time around.

Need to go 8-0 at home or no worse than 7-1...which actually looks doable with the current state of those teams and then figure out a way to get 4 road wins. With that road schedule we need to dominate our division opponents to get double digit wins.

Rough road schedule + one extra road game next season. I know they finished 4-4, but they?ll absolutely need to step it up if they hope to make the playoffs this time around.

Eh......It's impossible to say that in the NFL now. Look at this year....before the season we were all talking about what a ridiculously easy schedule the Lions had this year and it turned out to be the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL. #1 through 16 weeks.

Every year there are 4-5 teams that do a 180.

Lions played 9 of their 17 games against playoff teams (only went 3-6), another 4 games against teams that finished with 8 wins, 2 games against teams with 7 wins......and then the Bears 2X (3-14).

The fuckin Bears were the only EASY games the Lions had all year. To finish 9-8 is pretty damn good.

That road schedule looks daunting.....but I expect the Vikings, Packers and Bucs to take steps backwards....

But, we could end up seeing Aaron Rodgers again in a Raiders jersey. I don't want any part of a Rodgers, Adams, Jacobs trio. That could be deadly.

That road schedule looks daunting.....but I expect the Vikings, Packers and Bucs to take steps backwards....

But, we could end up seeing Aaron Rodgers again in a Raiders jersey. I don't want any part of a Rodgers, Adams, Jacobs trio. That could be deadly.

Perhaps, but I think the Raiders would still find some way to screw that up lol.

Eh......It's impossible to say that in the NFL now. Look at this year....before the season we were all talking about what a ridiculously easy schedule the Lions had this year and it turned out to be the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL. #1 through 16 weeks.

Every year there are 4-5 teams that do a 180.

Lions played 9 of their 17 games against playoff teams (only went 3-6), another 4 games against teams that finished with 8 wins, 2 games against teams with 7 wins......and then the Bears 2X (3-14).

The fuckin Bears were the only EASY games the Lions had all year. To finish 9-8 is pretty damn good.

Correct. Though I could easily see the Lions being one of those 180's.

Correct. Though I could easily see the Lions being one of those 180's.

I don't. We had an absolute SHIT defense this year. We had injuries to our skill position players. We had Jamaal Williams as our RB1 (I love Jamaal, but he has an average skill set). We barely involved the most dangerous offensive player in the 2022 draft and he will be a full go next year. Ragnow played hurt all year. Swift played hurt all year. Chark didn't exist until game 10. Our offense can be better.

Losing Ben Johnson would really hurt, that is the biggest question mark....to me.....going in to next year.

A good off season of bringing in some defensive talent both in the draft and via free agency and we could easily be the Eagles of 2023.

Last edited:
only 5 games outside next year with only 4 in potential cold weather.

Last edited:
I don't. We had an absolute SHIT defense this year. We had injuries to our skill position players. We had Jamaal Williams as our RB1 (I love Jamaal, but he has an average skill set). We barely involved the most dangerous offensive player in the 2022 draft and he will be a full go next year. Ragnow played hurt all year. Swift played hurt all year. Chark didn't exist until game 10. Our offense can be better.

Losing Ben Johnson would really hurt, that is the biggest question mark....to me.....going in to next year.

A good off season of bringing in some defensive talent both in the draft and via free agency and we could easily be the Eagles of 2023.

One thing we need to remember. We were one of the healthiest teams this season, especially the 2nd half. Yeah, we had some players miss games here and there but overall, we were a healthy football team.

One thing we need to remember. We were one of the healthiest teams this season, especially the 2nd half. Yeah, we had some players miss games here and there but overall, we were a healthy football team.

Understood. And that is always the fear of every player/coach/GM going in to every season and every game.

I think one of the reasons we have to be really optimistic, even if we have more injuries next year, is that we will be a much deeper team. We don't lose much right now.

Chark, Williams, Hughes, Buggs, Elliot, Anzelone, Will Harris, Kominsky. To me, those are the only important players that are potential free agents.

I would love to have Chark back, but he will be looking for something long term. With Jameson on the team and having Amon Ra, Reynolds and Raymond all returning....it's hard to believe we see him in Detroit next year. Who knows. He loves it here so maybe.

Williams is a must. For EVERYTHING he brings to the team. Stability. Attitude. Heart.

Love to have Hughes back. He was solid all year. All year. Consistent.

Buggs is important. Brockers is gone. Need to keep him here. He and McNeil were pretty good the 2nd half of the season (Carolina game didn't happen).

Elliot. I'm ok if he doesn't come back. Solid LOS safety. Doesn't offer much in coverage.

Anzelone. Looking to upgrade? YES. Would he be a really good 3rd LB. YES.

Will Harris. Can't believe I'm saying this.....but he was pretty solid in the 2nd half.

If those guys do find their way back in the Honolulu Blue.....and we add more top tier talent.....now all the sudden our backups are guys like Anzelone and Buggs who can step in and not just be a body. That's why I think we'd be ok with a season that might see a few more injuries. We have the cap space to sign most of these guys.

If it were up to me......Williams, Hughes, Anzelone, Buggs and Kominsky are MUST signs. Love to have Chark too, but his asking price might be too much.

Back