Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Livers - Finalist for Dr. J Award

Fan voting will be a part of the process for the award. You can start voting for Livers tomorrow at 1 PM EST at hoophallawards.com.

I loved watching Dr J. He was an innovator. This would be great for Livers.

"The award is named in honor of Julius "Dr. J" Erving, who attended UMass and averaged 26.3 points and 20.2 rebounds per game in his two-year collegiate career."

Players have not averaged over 20 rebounds per game since the 1970s. I would attribute that to fewer playing minutes and higher % of made shots.

Hope Livers can win it, but the competition is stiff. Not sure how I feel about fans having too much say in the winning of the award though, prefer players win awards based on Performance vs Social Media.

I never heard of the Dr. J Award.

At first I thought the award was in honor of Virginia Johnson, who, like Julius Erving, was also not a doctor.

If Gene Simmons was French and spelled his name Jean, he could also be a not a doctor Dr. J.

I never heard of the Dr. J Award.

At first I thought the award was in honor of Virginia Johnson, who, like Julius Erving, was also not a doctor.

If Gene Simmons was French and spelled his name Jean, he could also be a not a doctor Dr. J.

Julius Erving was a Doctor of Basketball

Hysterical Person: "OH MY GOD WE HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY!! IS THERE A DOCTOR HERE!??"

Dr. J: *calmly steps in front of actual medical doctor running to the scene* "Why, yes, I am a doctor. Do you have a basketball you need dunked?"

Back